Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
45 Courtland St E | 6 fl | Proposed

I'm sure a few people will step up to the challenge to somehow oppose this in the meeting.
Here is the recording of the public meeting.
Thanks for posting this.

I had one interesting take-away from listening to this. The application exceeds the maximum that the site is zoned for (hence the review process). However, the only reason that the building is tall is because the city staff recommended to the developer that they remove the "L" shaped wing from the original 4-storey proposal, and create a rectangular "6-storey" proposal instead. They talk about this at the 16:00 mark of the video.

All things considered this seems like a pretty safe proposal for the site, so I hope it's approved.
This has been redesigned. It essentially looks the same, they just did some minor tweaks to it.

[Image: rAfy7BO.png]

[Image: GmePv29.png]
It looks significantly better (to me) without the protruding balconies.
Great mid-rise addition, I wish more of these would be sprinkled around the cores of our cities. Based on how long it has taken the developer to get to this stage of the project I am not surprised that most just try to build a 10-25 storey tower. I remember putting together my old firms engineering proposal for this project 2 years ago. It easily had a 60-80% set of working drawings then.

I likey a lot...
Thumbs up on this one
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »