Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many tower cranes in 2018
So we're going to bring back the traditional how many cranes poll for next year, but I think we need to establish a bit of a baseline.

So how many cranes do we currently have?  Let's list them.

BarrelYards
Barra Castle
Highland and Ira Needles (x3)
Circa
345 King West
Arrow Lofts 2
UW SLC/PAC expansion
Fischer-Hallman/Bearinger and Laurelwood
133 University

(12-04-2018, 10:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: So we're going to bring back the traditional how many cranes poll for next year, but I think we need to establish a bit of a baseline.

So how many cranes do we currently have?  Let's list them.

Off hand:

3 at Highland and Ira Needles
1 on Queen Street (Berra Condos)
1 on King Street W beside the old Canada Trust building
1 on King Street S close to the Sunlife building

I don't spend a lot of time in other areas of the cities, so obviously there should be more cranes, and Waterloo should have at least another 4 and I think Cambridge might have one or two, but I am not sure.
The crane at Arrow 2 is going up now; it was delivered this morning.
It seems likely that Charlie West's will be up before the end of the month as well.
Looks like one on the UW campus. But can't tell where.

Maybe two that I briefly noticed in northdale. I need to confirm which projects
(12-04-2018, 12:45 PM)Spokes Wrote: Looks like one on the UW campus. But can't tell where.

SLC/PAC expansion. Which by the way is very behind. It was supposed to be open by now but they are suggesting late Spring of next year. “Spring” might mean Spring Term, which is May-August.
You just beat me. I just walked past it.

* Fischer-Hallman and Bearinger
* 133 University West
I'm looking out the window at work towards university Ave and I see 5 of them
1 at the Barrel Yards
Updated the first post with the ones we can clearly identify
While technically true, when I said Fischer-Hallman and Bearinger, I really meant Fischer-Hallman/Bearinger and Laurelwood.
Will we actually see building happening at Viverra? or SIXO?

I am hopeful that we will start seeing movement at SIXO once the LCBO moves into its new location.
(12-07-2018, 03:15 PM)welltoldtales Wrote: Will we actually see building happening at Viverra? or SIXO?

I'd imagine that both are a few years away. I'm thinking 2020 for Viverra and 2021 for SIXO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »