Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
Suburban prices have already risen like crazy

They are moving along quickly with excavation. Looks like there won't be any (fully) underground parking levels so that should substantially speed up construction.

Very very excited for this!
they hit a water main while they were doing something at drewlo I don't know what they were doing though. it looks like it is some drill or something.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/930...r-outages/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.5110323
That's a directional drill pointed under Charles.

Whoops!

Edit:

There's a 600mm main under the roadway there. 

I thought they were able to direct those fairly precisely. An expensive mistake either way.
I created a drawing of what I think King St E will look like in the future when this project is finished (Also including some of the surrounding projects)

p.s. Does this project have a formal name?

Attached Files Image(s)

No formal name yet. Since it's rental they are not pre-selling, so no rush to announce a building name yet. It might be another year before they start marketing this.
How is the excavation coming along? Any sense of when we'll see a crane/cranes go up?
I walk by almost daily, and they have three excavators working on the site -- and they were working last Saturday as well. They are not yet at the point of getting ready to lay down rebar, so I think a crane is some weeks away yet.
As of this morning:

This is great progress
Huge amount of heavy equipment on site, and they were doing a concrete pour this evening.

Any idea of how much commercial space will this project have? This area is ripe for new businesses now the ION is running!
According to the article below 1253 sq meters of commercial space.

https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/...east-side/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »