Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
How do you know it's issued?  Does "Status: Status Letter Sent:" mean the building permit is issued?

We don't think that the building permits have been issued yet. On the Active building permits GIS when a building permit has been approved it has the status "issued".
(12-19-2018, 12:51 PM)mastermind Wrote: How do you know it's issued?  Does "Status: Status Letter Sent:" mean the building permit is issued?

When a building permit application is either incomplete or has been reviewed but has issues that need to be addressed by the design team / owner, a "Status Letter" is sent to the applicant outlining whatever it is that needs to be addressed prior to issuance of the permit.

The building department has a legislated timeline to review the permit application and either issue it or provide a reason(s) for refusal. Oftentimes owners will submit an incomplete application in order to start the clock, or there are simply items that need to be addressed. The "Status letter sent" phase can continue on for sometime until all issues have been resolved and the permit can be issued.
Thanks for the explanation
There’s now a small portable building and digger on site ...
Yesterday evening around 5pm on the way home from work I saw a backhoe and a couple of other pieces of large machinery, a few folks in orange vests with those surveyor tools on tripods and such out and about. I didn't get my phone out quick enough and I completely forgot about it this morning so no pictures.
This morning I saw several newly-placed survey stakes around the property.

Where is this again? Sorry. The end of DTK across Cameron heights ?
(03-06-2019, 06:04 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Where is this again? Sorry. The end of DTK across Cameron heights ?

Yes, right across the street from Cameron and the Chinese food restaurant.
Oh man, I hope it's starting!
If a few of the other projects are any indication, we'll see a bunch of soil being removed and filler put in to level the plot to sustain all the heavy equipment for foundation building.
Various pieces of heavy equipment arrived this morning - including a shoring drill!
This project is super exciting for me, I have waited over 40 years for this! Smile

can someone re-post the final renders for this one? a refresh would be appreciated
I can see the Drewlo site from our apartment (for now -- DTK will eventually block the view) but not as clearly as I would like.  Anyway, here is a pic of the site from today.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »