Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
Any updates, pics?

This one usually only gets updated about every 6 months, otherwise the difference is discernable
It is like watching hair grow. You don't really notice the changes day to day...or in this case, month to month.

Comparing Street View from Oct '23 to my pictures from today, you see that tower 2 has only added 3 floors.
(01-06-2024, 03:00 PM)Acitta Wrote: Comparing Street View from Oct '23 to my pictures from today, you see that tower 2 has only added 3 floors.

One floor per month, that's the same pace as they has for Tower 1.

The podium looks quite decent, certainly better than DTK.
That's only because it isn't finished yet.

Are all those large grey bricks that looks like cinder blocks going to be covered with something? Or is that the look.
I think they'll be covered. The podium is typical Waterloo Region architecture: a grab bag of assorted materials resulting in a bizarre aesthetic. This one will be colorful.
(01-08-2024, 09:42 AM)mastermind Wrote: Are all those large grey bricks that looks like cinder blocks going to be covered with something?  Or is that the look.

I expect they will be. It was the same look for the neighbouring buildings (B&T and midrise apartment building) and those are being cladded.
I think they are the finished product. 90x190x290 Arriscraft Stone likely. Smoother finish, similar size as CMU.
-flush w/ brick
-electrical boxes in
-overhangs foundation 1"
-Wall type likely concrete substrate, 50mm rigid insulation, 25mm air space, 90mm stone/brick veneer
From the Charles St side, the first tower and podium are starting to look fairly complete. And with the red being not very visible, it looks OK to me, the tower similar to DTK but with a better podium, maybe forced to be so because of the residential podium rather than a parking one.

Wait when the heck did that tower top out? I stopped looking up because nothing ever seemed to be happening so I somehow missed this lol.

(02-12-2024, 05:12 PM)ac3r Wrote: Wait when the heck did that tower top out? I stopped looking up because nothing ever seemed to be happening so I somehow missed this lol.

It's been a little bit.

Maybe a couple months? Maybe more.
(02-12-2024, 06:46 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 05:12 PM)ac3r Wrote: Wait when the heck did that tower top out? I stopped looking up because nothing ever seemed to be happening so I somehow missed this lol.

It's been a little bit.

Maybe a couple months? Maybe more.

The tower itself topped out in early June, the mechanical penthouse then took until early July to be completed with the crane coming down in early August. Since then the Cameron Tower has been the focus as well as the King St podium, which is now onto the third floor for the entire block.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »