Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
36-42 Erb St E, and 39 Dupont St E | 24 fl | Proposed
I did think that about Kitchener's units.

Are most students shifting to living on their own? We've gone a long way away from the 5 bedroom units

Was this discussed at council last week?
GREAT GREAT thread. Take a few minutes to read it over
Yes. Unintended consequences ...
There was a large reel with what looked like a water hose on site today, and a small digger had excavated one corner of the parking lot.[Image: 6falz0p_d.jpg?maxwidth=1200&fidelity=high]
(04-18-2019, 11:22 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: There was a large reel with what looked like a water hose on site today, and a small digger had excavated one corner of the parking lot.

I am almost certain that this would be for fibre optics. We have the same cables in front of my house, and it's Bell that is doing all of the work - even had to sign paperwork giving them permission to go into the backyard if they need to.

Agreed. Underground orange is almost always fibre. Water would generally be blue.
(04-18-2019, 11:47 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:22 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: There was a large reel with what looked like a water hose on site today, and a small digger had excavated one corner of the parking lot.

I am almost certain that this would be for fibre optics. We have the same cables in front of my house, and it's Bell that is doing all of the work - even had to sign paperwork giving them permission to go into the backyard if they need to.

Is Bell finally doing Fibre to the home?, hope in Kitchener soon.
(04-19-2019, 03:36 AM)Square Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:47 PM)jeffster Wrote: I am almost certain that this would be for fibre optics. We have the same cables in front of my house, and it's Bell that is doing all of the work - even had to sign paperwork giving them permission to go into the backyard if they need to.

(04-19-2019, 03:36 AM)Square Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:47 PM)jeffster Wrote: I am almost certain that this would be for fibre optics. We have the same cables in front of my house, and it's Bell that is doing all of the work - even had to sign paperwork giving them permission to go into the backyard if they need to.

By the looks of it they are. I'm already with Virgin (Bell) for internet, as it was so much more reliable than Rogers (in the evening hours). Right now, though, my max speeds are 100mbps -- with the upgrade it will be gigabyte. Unsure if I need that type of speed!
(04-19-2019, 12:06 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 03:36 AM)Square Wrote: Is Bell finally doing Fibre to the home?, hope in Kitchener soon.

By the looks of it they are. I'm already with Virgin (Bell) for internet, as it was so much more reliable than Rogers (in the evening hours). Right now, though, my max speeds are 100mbps -- with the upgrade it will be gigabyte. Unsure if I need that type of speed!

Are you in Kitchener?, I have been waiting for an alternative to Rogers for awhile, but Bell is only 50 mbps in my neighborhood.
(04-19-2019, 12:55 PM)Square Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 12:06 PM)jeffster Wrote: By the looks of it they are. I'm already with Virgin (Bell) for internet, as it was so much more reliable than Rogers (in the evening hours). Right now, though, my max speeds are 100mbps -- with the upgrade it will be gigabyte. Unsure if I need that type of speed!

Are you in Kitchener?, I have been waiting for an alternative to Rogers for awhile, but Bell is only 50 mbps in my neighborhood.

Yeah, I am in the Lakeside/Forest Hill/Greenbrook area.

(04-19-2019, 04:54 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 12:55 PM)Square Wrote: Are you in Kitchener?, I have been waiting for an alternative to Rogers for awhile, but Bell is only 50 mbps in my neighborhood.

Yeah, I am in the Lakeside/Forest Hill/Greenbrook area.

Thank you for the info.  I'm in the Stanley Park area Ottawa/River.  They did the utility locate markings on my road last year, so hoping it's for Bell FTTH.
A wild long-awaited update appears! New plans have been posted for this project on the city's site after they were revised to meet the planners' requirements: https://www.waterloo.ca/en/government/zo...spx#dupont

It looks like the podium has been significantly changed as well as the layout of the tower itself - particularly the height - down to 19 floors now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »