Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
I'm genuinely curious about what's going on now... should have just walked over and ask the crane operator why they were taking it down.

(12-23-2018, 12:49 AM)clasher Wrote: I'm genuinely curious about what's going on now... should have just walked over and ask the crane operator why they were taking it down.

Taking it down and a new one put up with lighting as this is the flight path for Ornge?
(12-22-2018, 03:16 PM)BrianT Wrote: It's totally down now. They are either going to use a mobile crane for the rest or there was something wrong with it.

The mast is still there, just the jib (arm, cab, etc) is down. I am guessing maintenance needed to be done on that section.
I drove past this site around noon and the crane was up again.
Drove past the site yesterday and it's got two floors above ground level now.
Passed by today and the townhouses are up to the start of the second floor and the main building is onto the 3rd floor.

here's a picture from today.

the townhouses are onto the roof structure now but there were no trusses on the site as of Thursday and they look ready for them.

Are those the townhomes at the back?
No, that's the six-floor midrise in the back; the townhouses are in front and mostly blocking the mid-rise.
The roof structure is going on the 2nd and 3rd townhouses if you are looking at them from Benton. They are now half way done the third residential floor.
(04-25-2019, 03:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote: No, that's the six-floor midrise in the back; the townhouses are in front and mostly blocking the mid-rise.

That's what I meant .Rereading my message it wasn't worded all that well haha

Ahhh … you meant "back of the property, as seen from Queen St!"
You got it!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »