Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
I'm curious to see how it does. It seems like a good middle ground between 4 storey surface parking condos on the outskirts that Reid's is doing and the huge 20 storey towers in the core everyone else is doing. I often think this community skipped a step and just jumped to sky scrapers.

(06-08-2017, 11:22 AM)SAM Wrote: I'm curious to see how it does. It seems like a good middle ground between 4 storey surface parking condos on the outskirts that Reid's is doing and the huge 20 storey towers in the core everyone else is doing. I often think this community skipped a step and just jumped to sky scrapers.

Hurrah!  Wink
There was the Red, the 42, BPR Lofts, The Cortes on King, and now Midtown Lofts and that project on Walter St that are all mid rise.

This doesn't include many of the mid rise apartments built in Northdale before the switch to high rises.
A couple other mid rise projects Victoria Commons and http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...hp?tid=715.
Website is up with floor plans and I think some new renders.

http://barracondos.com/
Sales office going up on the site:

Does anybody know how this project is doing, sales wise?

The sales centre is having a grand opening tomorrow from 11-5. https://www.facebook.com/events/1554130201317962

How many units still available, I wonder?
Not sure why but I don't think this project is getting the same buzz as other downtown projects.

I hope the sale goes well.
(09-17-2017, 09:05 PM)519 Wrote: Not sure why but I don't think this project is getting the same buzz as other downtown projects.

I hope the sale goes well.

Based on what?   They have been doing a lot of positive advertising. We will need to see the sales before we can comment with any certainty.
(09-17-2017, 09:18 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Based on what?   They have been doing a lot of positive advertising. We will need to see the sales before we can comment with any certainty.

I stopped by today. Most of the 6th floor is sold including all of the south-facing units. Lower floors have a few units sold each.

One thing I thought is interesting - they have 9 pairs of 1 bedroom units that can be combined into 2+dens.
Apparently they are at about 40% now. The salesperson said that the houses on the Benton side of the property are to be demolished soon. I suppose they could start constructions with the townhouses, but so far only one out of the seven townhouses is sold, so it doesn't seem to make sense.

I think I would prefer a north (really north-east) facing unit anyway, the other side tends to get very warm. Although admittedly it's not really clear how much heat will come through Barra's windows.

Noticed a demolition-like fence around the Benton houses portion of this development.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
There was an environmental team and traffic team on Benton the last couple of months. One was right at the corner of Benton/Martin, counting. The other was on the middle "sold" property, taking samples of some sort. We walk by daily, and I forgot to mention it. Things seem to be coming along. Was there any discussion on what is to become of the pathway up Mitchell, between Mitchell/Benton? Not sure what would be happening there, as it is right beside one of the sold properties?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »