Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
Welcome back, CTGal! I actually quite like this neighbourhood (assend of Cedar Hill), I look forward to walking there again once spring finally arrives for good.

I thought my description might get a reaction. Wink
When we were looking to move in the fall of 2015 one of our preferred areas was the quiet end of Benton St but nothing lined up for us in that regard.
Neighbourhood meeting with the developer at 180 Benton, 7 PM tomorrow:
[Image: Meet%2BGreet%2B-%2Bweather.jpg]
(07-03-2016, 08:34 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Neighbourhood meeting with the developer at 180 Benton, 7 PM tomorrow:

I think you have linked to something that is not public.
Isn't 180 Benton a private home?
(07-03-2016, 10:41 PM)kps Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 08:34 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Neighbourhood meeting with the developer at 180 Benton, 7 PM tomorrow:

I think you have linked to something that is not public.

Signs are all over the neighbourhood.  I do think that counts as public.

(07-04-2016, 02:22 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 10:41 PM)kps Wrote: I think you have linked to something that is not public.

Signs are all over the neighbourhood.  I do think that counts as public.

We're referring to whatever item you tried to embed. It shows up blank (and thus likely 'private').
It was working before...

Here it is again:

So this is just some PR? Or is there actual progress toward getting on with the development?
I think they're trying to get the neighbours on board before presenting the formal proposal to the city for approval. Which I do think counts as progress.
Here is the new site plan from the meeting (sorry for the quality, it's a mobile phone photo ...).  Hopefully the developer will post the plan and elevations soon.  One fewer townhouse, most of the garages at the back, and much more traditional-looking townhouse facades.  The mid-rise building is six stories and 106 units.  I presume rental units, but that really is a guess.

(07-04-2016, 09:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Here is the new site plan from the meeting (sorry for the quality, it's a mobile phone photo ...).  Hopefully the developer will post the plan and elevations soon.  One fewer townhouse, most of the garages at the back, and much more traditional-looking townhouse facades.  The mid-rise building is six stories and 106 units.  I presume rental units, but that really is a guess.

I count the garages at the back to be a big improvement.

I wish the midrise building could be brought closer to the street, but I understand why that's probably not practical with that lot. Nice that part of it is as close to the street as it is, really.

(07-05-2016, 08:00 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Here is the new site plan from the meeting (sorry for the quality, it's a mobile phone photo ...).  Hopefully the developer will post the plan and elevations soon.  One fewer townhouse, most of the garages at the back, and much more traditional-looking townhouse facades.  The mid-rise building is six stories and 106 units.  I presume rental units, but that really is a guess.

I count the garages at the back to be a big improvement.

I wish the midrise building could be brought closer to the street, but I understand why that's probably not practical with that lot. Nice that part of it is as close to the street as it is, really.

Is the parking at rear an improvement? If parking were at the front, some personal backyard space could be afforded to the units. The rear is now all asphalt, and the front, from what I see of similar units around, won't get much/any use. We're not talking northwest corner of Park and Allen, but I'd expect nearly as little use from those front yard areas, designed as they are for the existing neighbours' satisfaction rather than future users' potential enjoyment.
(07-04-2016, 03:00 PM)Markster Wrote: It was working before...

Here it is again:

Ha. I don't think they've been "alderman" for over 20 years now. I think it was the early 90s when it was changed to councillor.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »