Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
The pathway would be on city property and presumably not be altered.

From Mitchell:

From Benton:

From Benton:

From Benton:

From Queen:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
The demolition is done now, the lot is mostly graded and they have a building permit for the foundation, although not yet for the rest of the construction.

Crane is going up today.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have to confess that I was sceptical about this project ever seeing the light of day. Glad to know I was wrong.
Just got an email, this one's over 70% sold!

They referred to it as 6 storeys though.  Is it 6 or 7?

It's six floors but the grade slopes down toward Queen St S so at the end of the building the zeroth floor (parking) is exposed and it appears to be seven stories.

At least that's how I interpret it. Smile
(09-28-2018, 03:43 PM)tomh009 Wrote: It's six floors but the grade slopes down toward Queen St S so at the end of the building the zeroth floor (parking) is exposed and it appears to be seven stories.

At least that's how I interpret it. Smile

Oh ok. That makes sense.  Thanks

The crane was partially dismantled today... on my walk past this evening the mobile crane is still on site and the tower for the crane is still up. Dunno what's up with that.
Raising it?
(12-22-2018, 10:18 AM)BrianT Wrote: It looks like it's leaning. Maybe they had to redo it.

I was walking when I took that picture so it's probably not leaning.
Maybe they didnt make payment on the rental fee....

Giving the crane arm a Christmas break?
A mobile crane seems unlikely to work given the building design. But I could be wrong ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »