Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
grt.ca is short and easy to remember, but the actual tool to manage your card is located at grteasygofarecard.ca. You can get there from the base grt site but there are three-four clicks required.

(02-22-2019, 10:47 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: grt.ca is short and easy to remember, but the actual tool to manage your card is located at grteasygofarecard.ca. You can get there from the base grt site but there are three-four clicks required.

It should be one big obvious button to click on and you are direct automatically to the card management site...    I wish people that design websites would actually get to know their audience...
The Region operates very much like a small company in a specialized field, with lots of people who try really hard, but can’t zoom out and look at the bigger picture.
(02-21-2019, 07:30 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 07:25 PM)Canard Wrote: How about sharing a pic Tongue

They've been in the wild for months now between the beta program, and high school and corporate passes. They all look the same.

My Corporate Pass has a photo on it. Do school passes?
Ah, I hadn't realized that about the corporate ones.

The school ones I've seen in use don't have photos.
(02-22-2019, 11:22 AM)Canard Wrote: The Region operates very much like a small company in a specialized field, with lots of people who try really hard, but can’t zoom out and look at the bigger picture.

This is really, really, accurate.  Well said.
(02-22-2019, 11:22 AM)Canard Wrote: The Region operates very much like a small company in a specialized field, with lots of people who try really hard, but can’t zoom out and look at the bigger picture.

They also outsource the work to a development agency who should know better, but they almost certainly compete on budget and have a lot of captured knowledge about the Region's processes, properties and expectations.

(02-22-2019, 11:25 AM)timc Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 07:30 PM)KevinL Wrote: They've been in the wild for months now between the beta program, and high school and corporate passes. They all look the same.

My Corporate Pass has a photo on it. Do school passes?

Photos are only being used for some specialized passes like the corporate pass. The list is somewhere on their website.
(02-22-2019, 09:29 AM)Canard Wrote: Isn’t grt.ca shorter and easier to remember?

https://grteasygofarecard.ca is not so short.
I'm just waiting for people to try using their “easy GO fare card” on GO.
Update: Just tried registering my card again and it worked. Guess it can take a bit of time then. Good to know...
(02-22-2019, 04:06 PM)timio Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 09:29 AM)Canard Wrote: Isn’t grt.ca shorter and easier to remember?

https://grteasygofarecard.ca is not so short.

https://grt.ca/farecard

Good to see that get reversed, I know several people who will be happy to know this.
Yes. I had like 2 reduced tickets left over from when dad was up to visit a couple of years ago. I wonder if they will add the price to a normal adult card (pro rated of course)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »