Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
Me three!

(02-13-2018, 04:11 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: Me three!

Me Four
Me as well. My email says pickup starting Feb 20, though.
(02-13-2018, 04:30 PM)KevinL Wrote: Me as well. My email says pickup starting Feb 20, though.

Mine did as well. I guess the monthly pass ones are pick up on 20th, and ePurse ones are march 1st.
Aha...
(02-13-2018, 03:47 PM)MidTowner Wrote: I just received an e-mail saying I've been chosen as a beta tester of the EasyGO fare card. Cool. Cards are to be picked up starting March 1.

I didn't make the cut. I suspect I'm not a frequent-enough transit user!
Same here. It was nice of them to send out a rejection email, though!

They will keep our names on file for future betas. I feel like I'm applying for jobs again.
This is the email I got

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-13-2018, 04:40 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 04:30 PM)KevinL Wrote: Me as well. My email says pickup starting Feb 20, though.

Mine did as well. I guess the monthly pass ones are pick up on 20th, and ePurse ones are march 1st.

Yup. I'm a cash/ticket buyer, which was specified in the e-mail, so I was told pick-up between March 1 and 9.

I hadn't known about the 20% discount. Bonus.
I wasn't selected. Oh well. Sad Hopefully the beta period will be short and they do a full roll out soon.
Me too! March 1st pick-up.
Bus service to North Dumfries and Ayr:

https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story...t-service/

(02-14-2018, 07:30 AM)kitborn Wrote: Bus service to North Dumfries and Ayr:

https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story...t-service/

Cambridge AND/OR Kitchener.

So they're not sure of which city or both? That's how I am reading it.

Going to be good times as the two cities duke it out for superiority. Shall be buying popcorn for this main event.
Meanwhile in Waterloo.......
From Ayr to the 401/97, the bus is heading towards Sportsworld anyway, which is not much further than Ainslie would be. There, you have connections to Go and Greyhound, and you're also closer to the centre of the Region, and the GRT connections would be more useful to more people.

Unless there are appreciably more people commuting to Cambridge from Ayr (maybe there are), I would guess Sportsworld would make more sense.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »