Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Grand River Transit
(11-22-2017, 03:11 PM)KevinL Wrote: January launch was the word; cards should be ready before then, I would think.

My hopes may have ben too high. Cards will now be 'available to the general public early next year': https://www.therecord.com/news-story/798...-on-buses/
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
And as an intermittent rider, I need to decide whether it's worth it to buy another strip of tickets or hold off in hopes that I won't need to ride that often before the fare card is available.
I know that there will be an overlap period where tickets are still accepted; I would imagine you can also surrender tickets and get credit on your card balance.
I thought GRT said tickets would be good for six months after the cards came into service I also think they said there would be no exchanges.
Correct:
10. What will happen to paper tickets?
Paper tickets will be phased out after the EasyGO fare card is introduced. After GRT stops selling paper tickets, you will have six months to use up any tickets you have. The date by which tickets must be used will be widely publicized.

GRT paper tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(12-10-2017, 07:26 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Correct:
10. What will happen to paper tickets?
Paper tickets will be phased out after the EasyGO fare card is introduced. After GRT stops selling paper tickets, you will have six months to use up any tickets you have. The date by which tickets must be used will be widely publicized.

GRT paper tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.

Which sucks that they won't transfer the value to an easy-go card. I have a few reduced tickets left that I have no use for now (Since I do not qualify for them, I had them left over from someone who was visiting that did qualify). Guess I will find some random person that I see using them and give them to them.
A number of years ago, they changed the design of the tickets. It was the same then. There was a grace period for transition, and then they said they would stop accepting the old ones. They did not offer replacement then either.
Incidentally, if anyone has tickets they feel they won't be able to use please find a nearby community organization to donate them to. They can always find users in need that can take advantage of them.