Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
Was the chart supplied by GRT? Or was that your work, Pheidippides?

Comparing to the first month of service, after major route restructuring is indeed... not ideal.

But it's still up 20% in the last 12 months, which is not bad. And 12 months ago it was no longer new.
(08-04-2017, 11:53 AM)Markster Wrote: Was the chart supplied by GRT?  Or was that your work, Pheidippides?

Comparing to the first month of service, after major route restructuring is indeed... not ideal.

The chart and headline were mine.

They also told me in the response that my local 204 stop would get its real-time display by the end of the year which was thoughtful, but not really specific.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Ah, multi-axes plots. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. :D

Looking forward to the service changes in September. It's always nice to get 100% of our transit system back after a few months' suffering its suppressed levels.
I was just reminded this morning that the 11 and 22 are still not back on their Charles routing this fall, and may never return before the reorganization at Ion launch. -sad face-
(08-12-2017, 08:24 PM)KevinL Wrote: I was just reminded this morning that the 11 and 22 are still not back on their Charles routing this fall, and may never return before the reorganization at Ion launch. -sad face-

I'm actually quite happy with this arrangement, especially regarding the 22. I use the 22 as an express connection to Forest Glen to connect with the 12 to get to/from work. This will closely mirror Route 3 post-ION, following Mill, Ottawa, and Strasburg out to Huron Heights after Forest Glen Terminal is replaced by the Block Line ION station and platforms at the Sunrise Centre.
[/url]
[url=http://www.grt.ca/en/about-grt/2018-transit-network.aspx]link to 2018 network

I had always considered the Charles St. route for the 11/22 Route complex to be circuitous, although I understood its purpose in serving Cameron Heights School and Pool. It also doesn't help that the Ottawa iXpress isn't starting this year.
I relied on the Charles routing particularly on Saturdays to easily reach the market from where I live in Country Hills. I still take the route, but I have to get off at Courtland and hike over Cedar Hill.

It looks like the 200 will not be using Park Street after all, at least not on September 4. The fall schedule shows it remaining on Weber.

I think the current routing would be a lot faster than Park Street, so I think that's good, but the communication is kind of poor- the July 28 news release is still on the web site, contradicting the new schedule that has been posted.
The online schedule on the Route Planner tool shows the 200 stopping at Grand River Hospital - Mount Hope Street.

On Twitter someone pointed out to GRT that the map on the cover of the schedule still showed the 200 on Weber and their response was "We're waiting for the final confirmation of stop locations on Park". But GRT forgetting to update the cover of their schedule is not unexpected, that was a constant source of confusion when they started adjusting the 200 schedule and adding/removing stops on Weber but not changing the map on the front of the schedule to match.
Well, I sure wasn't expecting them to put the wrong map on the cover, so thanks for clearing that up! I consult the schedules, since I don't care for the trip planner.

Park Street it is, then.
(08-12-2017, 08:24 PM)KevinL Wrote: I was just reminded this morning that the 11 and 22 are still not back on their Charles routing this fall, and may never return before the reorganization at Ion launch. -sad face-

Route 200 will not return on Charles St as well, and will continue to stop at Weber/Ottawa until ION opening (it seems). Not sure what their reasonings are, since GO buses have returned to using Charles St for a while now. 

Route 6, however, will return to regular routing via Wellington and King. 

(08-14-2017, 09:14 AM)goggolor Wrote: The online schedule on the Route Planner tool shows the 200 stopping at Grand River Hospital - Mount Hope Street. 

On Twitter someone pointed out to GRT that the map on the cover of the schedule still showed the 200 on Weber and their response was "We're waiting for the final confirmation of stop locations on Park". But GRT forgetting to update the cover of their schedule is not unexpected, that was a constant source of confusion when they started adjusting the 200 schedule and adding/removing stops on Weber but not changing the map on the front of the schedule to match.

The map cover was revised just now: http://www.grt.ca/en/schedules-maps/reso...14-web.pdf
The new cover has the Uptown Waterloo stop as Regina/Erb but the inside says Regina/Willis Way.

The online interactive schedule says Regina/Dupont NB and Regina/Erb SB.

So i have no idea where the bus will actually be stopping in Uptown.
I'm also kind of confused about the route coming from the South. As far as I can tell, the route goes from Weber/Ottawa, doesn't stop at Frederick, stops at Charles/Water for some reason, stops at Charles Terminal, passes Charles/Water again without stopping, skips the stop at Victoria, and then continues on Park to Willis.

Why doesn't GRT include a map for iXpress routes as they do for every other route?..
There has to be a mistake. Charles/Water on the map diagram is on the wrong side of Charles Terminal. And why would it make stops at both?

Does anyone know where I can look up stop numbers? I'm wondering where, exactly, stops 3242 and 3720 are. Are they at Park and Green, as indicated by the presser last month, or Mount Hope, as goggolor says the route planner indicates?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »