Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
The EasyGO Farecards are available now! :O I was just at Charles terminal and bought one

Wow, that's early!

Where do you get one? The little booth there on the 2nd floor? Is there an ION logo on it?
Yeah just at the ticket booth on the second floor. Unfortunately there is no ION logo on it
How about sharing a pic Tongue
(02-21-2019, 06:27 PM)jason897 Wrote: The EasyGO Farecards are available now! :O I was just at Charles terminal and bought one

Monthly pass?

BTW Thanks for reminding me to renew mine
(02-21-2019, 07:25 PM)Canard Wrote: How about sharing a pic Tongue

They've been in the wild for months now between the beta program, and high school and corporate passes. They all look the same.
Do they look the same as the betas? Don't recall if anyone shared pics. 

(serial number blocked for obvious reasons  Tongue  )

So can you just load money onto the card online instead of buying tickets? That's the idea right?
(02-21-2019, 07:26 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 06:27 PM)jason897 Wrote: The EasyGO Farecards are available now! :O I was just at Charles terminal and bought one

Monthly pass?

BTW Thanks for reminding me to renew mine

I'm just using stored value right now as I'm an occasional user but I plan to go monthly once ION launches as I'll be looking to use it for my daily commutes.

(02-21-2019, 08:04 PM)Spokes Wrote: So can you just load money onto the card online instead of buying tickets? That's the idea right?

Yes, you would register it online then you can load it online. Though the online system doesn't seem to be recognizing my card right now and I've check the serial multiple times. Had someone on facebook suggest to me I might need to wait 24-48 hours like Presto (though this isn't exactly Presto...). I only saw the note on the FAQ about that waiting period between loading it online and those funds showing though, but nothing about waiting before registering. I think the lady at the ticket counter even suggest I register it when I get home. Oh well, I guess I can wait a bit and retry in a day or two. Side note it did work immediately when boarding the bus.
I possess a beta card, and yours is identical.
Thanks for the pics Jason!

I have to say, I’m a little disappointed with the design - it should have had the ION logo, tram pictogram, or some kind of watermarked full-bleed system map or something in there. The giant text on the back is a bit jarring.
Yeah I agree, design could be better on both sides, and something involving ION. I wonder if they could possibly be planning a better design for after ION launch? Otherwise people might be like - I see a train on here but I can't even take the train right now what is this...
Yeah!

It’s like Wonderland’s Seasons Passes, if you buy a regular one it’s super bland, but if you get a Platinum Pass you get an awesome funky graphic relevant to the attraction that year. Big Grin I still have my 2012 Pass and have been renewing it instead of asking for a new card since it has Leviathan on it. It trips up the gate attendants every time I give it to them or use it at another park since it’s so eye-catching.

So we should have a special edition “Launch Day” card which has a sleek Flexity Freedom graphic blasting along the spur with blurred speed lines and such. Tongue

Still scratching my head over why they went with the ridiculous url instead of something simple like farecard.grt.ca
Isn’t grt.ca shorter and easier to remember?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »