Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
Basically, any bus stop that would be a possible transfer from an Ion station.

So there's no significance that it just came online too?
As it will be a feeder to GRT, I think this can go in this thread.

Seeing as Route 21 only barely touches the residential areas of the town, I think this is a great idea, and I hope it proves to be very successful.

Township, region back Kiwanis Transit shuttle service

https://observerxtra.com/2018/06/28/town...e-service/
Looks like someone rear ended a GRT bus @ Fredrick and Victoria

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/at-least-1-...-1.4021180
Surprise!
Buses stop sometimes!

That's the westbound stop, in front of the Whale and Ale plaza.
Changes in Route 10 for September. 
Quote:Starting Monday, September 3:
• Route 10 will be renamed Route 10 Pioneer.
• We're adding extra service, so buses will leave Fairview Mall every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. year-round (except Christmas).
• Between Pioneer Park plaza and Conestoga College, the route will alternate between two branches. Route 10 will continue to serve current stops along Green Valley Drive and Mill Park Drive every 30 minutes. The new 10A branch will serve stops on Old Carriage Drive and Homer Watson Boulevard every 30 minutes.

We're also adding extra trips during the late evening on Saturdays and the morning and evening on Sundays.

These changes will serve new high-rise student residences, provide a more direct trip to and from Conestoga College, maintain service to the Mill Park area, and help relieve crowding on busier sections of the route.
Preparation for network changes continues - at Ion launch, Forest Glen terminal will be defunct, so they are laying new stops on Strasburg by its entrance.

[Image: a9z8MuL.jpg]

I also saw an old shelter being removed just a bit up at Block Line, presumably to be replaced.

GRT just posted this to their YouTube channel:

Could a public launch be on its way?
:: triple tone noise ::

"If your card is not read, you will hear a double tone."

Big Grin
The icons on the top make it look like you can use a credit card with PayPass... can you just tap a credit card?
(08-08-2018, 05:41 PM)Canard Wrote: The icons on the top make it look like you can use a credit card with PayPass... can you just tap a credit card?

That would be nice.

At this point though, I'll be happy to be rid of paper tickets....well except on greyhound...and LTC.  So hard to stay positive Tongue.

I do hope a launch is near though.  I have a handful of ticket left, and I don't want to buy more.
Construction fencing is up and a work office trailer are up at the Fairview Park and ride
(08-08-2018, 05:41 PM)Canard Wrote: The icons on the top make it look like you can use a credit card with PayPass... can you just tap a credit card?

I asked about that at one of the ion open houses last year and they say the fare boxes support it but it won't be available for launch.

They should turn off the icon then
What if you want to pay two fairs with a single card?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »