Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
(02-14-2018, 08:57 AM)MidTowner Wrote: From Ayr to the 401/97, the bus is heading towards Sportsworld anyway, which is not much further than Ainslie would be. There, you have connections to Go and Greyhound, and you're also closer to the centre of the Region, and the GRT connections would be more useful to more people.

Unless there are appreciably more people commuting to Cambridge from Ayr (maybe there are), I would guess Sportsworld would make more sense.

How about just connecting Ayr with Kitchener at Huron Road and with Cambridge at Cedar Creek Road?

New dates are up for the public info sessions.
FYI, I tried getting the new fare card today (as a beta tester)... and they said they couldn't give it yet, until later in the week. Ughh.
I'm guessing as a monthly pass user currently? Makes me wonder if the fare card users will see a delay as well.
I got mine. Will post pics when I get home.
Sorry for another dumb question regarding monthly passes.
If you get one on say the 16th of the month, is it good for 30 days, or only until the end of that month and is pro-rated?

Thanks

Right now, its the first to the last of the month. Not sure if it will change with the new card or not.

It also came with a printed copy of the terms here

http://www.grt.ca/en/fares-passes/fare-c...tions.aspx
Aww, wish it had the Bus and LRV pictograms on it. Boooo!
Yes, they could have come up with a better picture. Maybe future versions of the card can implement this.
Typo under Loading Your Card - the two statements contradict each other.
(02-20-2018, 08:20 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Sorry for another dumb question regarding monthly passes.
If you get one on say the 16th of the month, is it good for 30 days, or only until the end of that month and is pro-rated?

Thanks

Current passes are only valid for a calendar month. Whether that will change once EasyGo fully rolls out has yet to be seen (but is not common elsewhere).
Thanks Kevin

So if I went to get one tomorrow, I would pay the full price but it would only be good until the end of February? If so, that's absurd.

I think I will wait until the end of the month. Thanks again

Actually no. If you go in tomorrow they would sell you a pass for March. They stop selling the previous month on the 15th I believe.
Ah! Thank you as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »