Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
I was confused about where the 16 terminated. I do agree it should connect with Ion at Mill (the only other place it's possible), even if it's a bit of a jog.

I'm a lot less sure it needs to go further up King to Uptown to spare some people having to make a connection. It's not onerous to connect to the train at GRH to head up to Uptown- and there are a lot of buses that will be plying that stretch of King already.

GRH is a very significant trip generator in its own right. You mention Central, but a lot of folks have their pharmacies and other health-care providers right near that station. It's not the middle of nowhere.

KCI is also a major destination in the area.
I'd be fine with the 16 if it jogs over to Mill station. It can jog back to Highland via Mill and Heiman.
I found the Gantt chart in the GRT report to be interesting.

Some of the timelines have already passed and some of them do not seem to make sense. For instance, the Ion safety campaign is scheduled to end when revenue service starts?

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I consider GRH to be a fine terminal point. We're supposed to be getting frequent trains, so transferring on to your final destination shouldn't be too difficult there.
New posters on GRT buses urge respect for all riders
I may have missed the link. Where is the report for GRT new business plan. I can find the interim report but I can't find the final report to council with this new map. The map showing the 16 going to GRH.

(08-26-2017, 12:03 PM)Rick O\Shay Wrote: I may have missed the link.  Where is the report for GRT new business plan.  I can find the interim report but I can't find the final report to council with this new map.  The map showing the 16 going to GRH.

Dunkalunk excerpted it here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...3#pid40823

Can't seem to find the originating PDF anymore.
Check the most recent planning and works agenda here: http://calendar.regionofwaterloo.ca/Coun...nd%20Works
In the terminal schematic for the University of Waterloo, did anyone else notice "Greyhound/Megabus"?  Does anyone care to speculate what destinations Megabus would serve?
Looks like they already have a stop on UW Campus: "The bus stop is located at Waterloo University campus at the North entrance near B.C. Mathews Hall and at the South Campus Hall."

So I guess this is a relocation. 

Based on their route planner on their website (https://ca.megabus.com/journey-planner/map) looks like they hit a few destinations... (there were a few for St. Catharine's as well)

[Image: 29-43-1hvc6-aydg4.jpg]
(08-29-2017, 12:28 AM)nms Wrote: In the terminal schematic for the University of Waterloo, did anyone else notice "Greyhound/Megabus"?  Does anyone care to speculate what destinations Megabus would serve?

Megabus (Coach Canada) currently runs from UW to Hamilton, St Catharines and Niagara Falls during school terms, Friday and Sundays only. It's an extension of the Kitchener-Hamilton route, which runs daily.

Posted on the bus stop near my house.  It's official.

I had missed this completely but looks like UW has already started issuing new WatCards with chips for EasyGO (plus other campus amenities like printing and dorm entry): https://uwaterloo.ca/watcard/news/watcar...technology
Yup, and the Laurier ones are the same. These will be the first cards to regularly use the tap-on function of the new fareboxes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »