Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wroute
Ahh, I see - thanks!

$50 (Wroute) + $30 (GO) is a bit steep per person ($160 for two people) for a day trip, but would be a fun way to get there. Still far cheaper (albeit much less enjoyable) to just drive the whole way, unfortunately...

IMO that's insane to travel 100km. I think non-presto GO prices are already high at $17+ each way
(01-03-2019, 11:03 PM)Lens Wrote: IMO that's insane to travel 100km. I think non-presto GO prices are already high at $17+ each way

The government per-km rate is 55c/km for the first 5000 km. $17 is pretty much the cheapest that one can actually pay to travel 100km; is there any cheaper way? Travel is actually kind of expensive.
This is an awesome idea and so glad someone is trying to make a business work.

I think we've had the discussion before how most people don't properly account for how much their driving costs per km. Although obviously a service like this scales poorly (for the consumer) the bigger your group of people you have traveling together. But for a single person doing an ad-hoc trip, this seems like a pretty nice option.
Has anyone used the service on a regular basis?
Saw an ad just west of Wellington Road 3 this evening for the website: FixHwy7.ca, which re-directs to a blog post on WRoute suggesting people stop driving and use them instead. Creative, albeit somewhat misleading, marketing strategy.
New info : https://www.therecord.com/news-story/917...aff-trips/

I like the concept and I'd like to use the service but the only destination I'd use them for is Pearson.
(02-15-2019, 09:50 AM)Chris Wrote: I like the concept and I'd like to use the service but the only destination I'd use them for is Pearson.

I thought about going to Hamilton and it's almost viable. Maybe I'll do that someday. Early morning and late night is probably not going to get much traffic.
I think they need to be really specific with their destination choices.

(03-28-2019, 10:27 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 11:01 AM)urbd Wrote: Great news!

As a side note, I wonder why a lot of transportation services skip Uptown Waterloo (GO, Greyhound and now Wroute)

I had a friend that used to run a small business, and another friend that still run his own store, Loop Clothing. Basically DTW has nothing, other than shops. Very few live close by. Very few large businesses. And no incentive to use Wroute UTW when it would have next to no usage, aside from their shops, it's dead, and not a typical "uptown" with higher concentration of larger businesses and mix larger scale apartments or condos. Compared to the university area, DTK, etc these places are buys and would easily use Wroute.

Dead? Uptown is definitely not nearly as dead as DTK every single weekend. I live right in Uptown and while I agree that it does not have the density of other downtowns, it is definitely far from dead. I do hope it intensifies more and more people live IN Uptown, but it is still a very important place within the Region. With Barrelyards filling up and other projects under construction and about to being approved hopefully we get the critical mass to attract more services.
Wroute has suspended all operations due to low ridership

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/933...te-closes/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »