Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Waterloo Region Aerial Photography
Waterloo Region Aerial Photography

Found some amazing aerial shots of Waterloo courtesy of jasonzedd on photobucket

[Image: ca324e82-6e44-4c8d-8979-39a566e01a29_zps5bb5d29d.jpg]

[Image: a55a9703-9483-4c2e-a302-09b96108e35f_zps215d0eff.jpg]

[Image: 9528c836-f4d4-4fe2-aa49-eed0a256ffaf_zps160b4d90.jpg]

[Image: G0155033_zps3deb6f5b.jpg]

[Image: G0154991_zps430937ae.jpg]
I want a drone.
I posted some local drone videos in the photos thread a few months ago and got shit for going OT there. So now that we have an aerial photos thread I'll throw the dice again and see if it's OK to post aerial videos here Wink

The YouTube channel is here.

A sample video of Uptown from above is below:
Every time I think about getting one, I think about all the headaches and awkward conversations with people. Maybe I'm scarred from all the difficulties I've had in the past trying to take pictures in the Montreal Metro. They treat you like a damn criminal there for admiring the architecture.

I really just want one to take cool footage of the Light Rail when it's built... chase shots of the trains through Waterloo Park at 70 km/h, then rising up over top of the Perimeter Institute would be awesome.
Canard, is it bad that I heard the Star Wars music when you talked of the chase shots with a drone. Maybe I need to go back to bed!
It would be awesome to watch though!
Hmm, I was planing on a Gai Barone soundtrack, but whatever Smile

In all honesty - to anyone who does have a drone, what kind of confrontations have you had with people when flying in public places?

Not video, but not discussion of aerial photography in this region is complete without:

http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/locations/umd/project/

Georeferenced photos on your Google Maps from 1940's anyone?
I got a stern finger wag from a carabiniere when I took a photo of a subway car in the Rome metro system.
(05-14-2015, 09:07 PM)ookpik Wrote: The YouTube channel is here.

They've also done some great ones of UW. In particular I like:

Does anyone know where I could find aerial photos/satellite imagery of Waterloo Region from between 1980 - 1999 online? I know the Waterloo Region GIS had imagery from 1990 but they took that away. If anyone knows where imagery from the 1980's or 1990's is located online I'd be very thankful!
(05-25-2015, 03:07 PM)Waterlooer Wrote: Does anyone know where I could find aerial photos/satellite imagery of Waterloo Region from between 1980 - 1999 online? I know the Waterloo Region GIS had imagery from 1990 but they took that away. If anyone knows where imagery from the 1980's or 1990's is located online I'd be very thankful!

Have you tried the University of Waterloo Geospatial Centre? They have quite the trove.
(05-26-2015, 10:45 PM)nms Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 03:07 PM)Waterlooer Wrote: Does anyone know where I could find aerial photos/satellite imagery of Waterloo Region from between 1980 - 1999 online? I know the Waterloo Region GIS had imagery from 1990 but they took that away. If anyone knows where imagery from the 1980's or 1990's is located online I'd be very thankful!

Have you tried the University of Waterloo Geospatial Centre? They have quite the trove.

Yeah I have! They don't have access to any photos/imagery past the 1970's online though :/

The plane thats been circling around for the last couple weekends...is that Google 3D mapping?
Did the plane have red markings on the wings?  The Waterloo-Wellington Flight Centre operates single engine planes with a blue underbelly and red markings on the wings.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »