Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bakeries
Wood Fire Bagel on Kingsway Dr. Montreal style.

Yes, Wood Fire Bagel, by far the best bagels in the city. Seriously they are an addiction.
(12-13-2014, 06:25 PM)kitborn Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 04:05 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: What, no one mentioned City Bakery croissants as number one in the region?

The butter tarts were a staple when I worked at the transit terminal.

These are fantastic!!!!
I can't get enough of Norris Bakery donuts.
(They're at Frederick/Edna, and make weekly appearances at the Kitchener Market)

They remind me of my childhood, when donuts were a tasty food, not just something that you buy at timmies out of habit but regret immediately.
Norris Bakery is definitely old school. Their Chelsea Buns are killer!
(12-15-2014, 11:11 AM)Markster Wrote: They remind me of my childhood, when donuts were a tasty food, not just something that you buy at timmies out of habit but regret immediately.

I remember when the donuts at Timmies were freshly baked on the premises. They were quite tasty too, not today's bland, dry imitations. They were also much larger than today's versions.
Definitely Wood Fire Bagels. My stepson used to wonder how I could eat these with nothing on them, just like a donut, then he tried one. Now he eats all my bagels on me.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »