Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000!
Well we just passed 1000 registered users.  I remember being excited at 10.  And 100.  Couldn't imagine this.

Thanks for a great 4 years everyone!

Congratulations! Smile
That is great news. On a financial note, can you provide the number of registered users that donate to support the forum ?
I will guess (I have no access to the data) that it's less than 20.
(07-03-2018, 06:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: Well we just passed 1000 registered users.  I remember being excited at 10.  And 100.  Couldn't imagine this.

Thanks for a great 4 years everyone!

Dude, that's awesome!
(07-03-2018, 11:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I will guess (I have no access to the data) that it's less than 20.

Meh...that's horrible. Make it 20 though.... Wink $10 recommendation is more than reasonable.
(07-03-2018, 11:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I will guess (I have no access to the data) that it's less than 20.

What !!!!  Really ?  That is worse than the turn out rate for voting !!  We need to start being more aggressive about financial assistance.  Can we be advised of the yearly charge rate for the website ?

When I donate, can I get a badge that identifies me as someone who cared enough?

Coke
(07-04-2018, 09:15 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: When I donate, can I get a badge that identifies me as someone who cared enough?

Coke

That is a cool idea....  I notice there isnt a lot of conversation on this thread when it turns to financial support...
(07-04-2018, 12:31 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 09:15 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: When I donate, can I get a badge that identifies me as someone who cared enough?

Coke

That is a cool idea....  I notice there isnt a lot of conversation on this thread when it turns to financial support...

I think it would be a good idea, though I don't think a badge is needed. I think for any that donated a "Premium" tag could be added to their profile (that's in the left pane when reading posts). DSLReports has that, and it's a standard $10 (lifetime - sort of) fee for those that want help out that site and also benefit from a few extra features.

I think that could work here.
(07-04-2018, 02:52 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 12:31 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: That is a cool idea....  I notice there isnt a lot of conversation on this thread when it turns to financial support...

I think it would be a good idea, though I don't think a badge is needed. I think for any that donated a "Premium" tag could be added to their profile (that's in the left pane when reading posts). DSLReports has that, and it's a standard $10 (lifetime - sort of) fee for those that want help out that site and also benefit from a few extra features.

I think that could work here.

Thats a good idea.  Can someone advise what kind of costs are associated to run this site ?  I have no idea.  I have no problem with a donation each each year...
Hope my idea generates results.... I'll only request a modest fee.... LOL

Coke
Hi All,
I'd say werew typically between 15-20 donors a year on average. Although I'd have to check to be certain.

Our costs vary.  I try to take advantage of promotions from the hosting company. This year hosting is around $200 I believe. Plus the cost of the new theme package .

As for some sort of recognition, we could do something for those who want to. It would likely be changing the label where it says "senior poster" to something else.

(07-04-2018, 06:04 PM)Spokes Wrote: Hi All,
I'd say werew typically between 15-20 donors a year on average. Although I'd have to check to be certain.

Our costs vary.  I try to take advantage of promotions from the hosting company. This year hosting is around $200 I believe. Plus the cost of the new theme package .

As for some sort of recognition, we could do something for those who want to. It would likely be changing the label where it says "senior poster" to something else.

I am not a senior poster but I am a regular subscriber..  I always say, if you dont vote, your not allowed to complain about politics... should be the same on here...money instead of vote.  Even two dollars is something folks ...  The money Spokes is talking about doesnt even take into account the time and energy to administer the site.  I am very thankful for your efforts Spoke !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »