Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District
(11-20-2018, 11:13 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm curious how much of this came down to what's there currently vs what will be there in the future.   Rather than simply letting the heritage value of the facade be the sole decision.

I think it's a little bit of both -- the investment going into the mall, and questionable heritage value and almost no historical in a strictly retail area of town.

When it came to the old Sears building, it always had a 'big city' feel to it, like something you'd see in Toronto -- yet at the same time, it was something that also looked dated, as in something you'd see in Toronto getting a facelift.

I am hoping that CF can do something about that Wal*Mart building, it's in rough shape, reminds me of the ghetto's in parts of Michigan and Florida.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - by jeffster - 11-20-2018, 05:28 PM