Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District
I am excited to see this project proceed as upgrading the surface parking to anything is a step forward, but I have to take issue with some of the ad-speak...

"At the heart of Kitchener-Waterloo is CF Fairview Park..."
Huh  Maybe the middle of Waterloo Region, but definitely not the middle a combined Kitchener-Waterloo; definitely on the southern end.

"An activated streetscape creates an intimate pedestrian experience..."
Huh Benches without even a single bollard between me and 6 lanes of 70kph traffic does not meet my definition of an intimate pedestrian experience.

"Office life at the District combines casual, contemporary and historical features into an integrated mixed-use development."
"Grand Market District’s traditional brick and cobblestone streets and lanes..."
 Huh Huh Unless there is a corduroy road or cobblestone road under that Walmart parking lot I'm guess they insinuating a vague reference to the styling of the modern development and not actual historical features?

Proposed floor plans in the PDF.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - by Pheidippides - 08-12-2018, 10:34 PM