Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodside Terraces | 6 fl | U/C
It's a pretty thorough renovation -- it looks like everything bar the concrete is getting replaced. One thing of note is that the building has concrete walls between units, whereas new condo and apartment buildings typically have drywall only. This should provide better sound insulation.

Friends of mine moved into a new condo in Ottawa that has concrete walls between units. The place is quiet as a tomb, although when their dog barks, people a couple of units away can apparently hear it - the sound seems to pass through the air venting.
All of the concrete balconies and rebar within were also replaced.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-29-2018, 01:11 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Friends of mine moved into a new condo in Ottawa that has concrete walls between units.  The place is quiet as a tomb, although when their dog barks, people a couple of units away can apparently hear it - the sound seems to pass through the air venting.

Looks like some independent air conditioning per unit on this one. 

Might be an air return system or something the dog barks transfer through at your friends place.  And dogs can bark pretty loud and at a frequency that carries differently than normal conversation.  (lot of dogs in my area and I hear 'em all the time).
They are now leasing this project, so presumably the completion of phase 1 (the renovation of the existing structure) is not far away:
http://woodsideterraces.ca/

One-bedroom units are priced in the low $1200s/month, with two-bedroom units at $1375/month. Pricing seems reasonable, about 15% below Trio on Belmont for a 2BR unit in spite of being closer to downtown.
Has the extension been approved?

The floor plans are a bit different - tiny LRs, but bedrooms that seem larger than a lot of new construction.
The current building permits are only for the interior renovations.
(08-07-2018, 11:39 AM)tomh009 Wrote: They are now leasing this project, so presumably the completion of phase 1 (the renovation of the existing structure) is not far away:
http://woodsideterraces.ca/

One-bedroom units are priced in the low $1200s/month, with two-bedroom units at $1375/month.  Pricing seems reasonable, about 15% below Trio on Belmont for a 2BR unit in spite of being closer to downtown.

Utilities appear to be the tenant responsibility:

"Water, heat and hydro are sub-metered to promote smart energy consumption"

Not sure how that compares to the Trio rents noted above if utilities are in or separate.
Trio includes water and heat; electricity not included (I think Trio, like this one, has individual AC units so electricity will be the biggest cost).
Trio also has in-suite laundry, which is a pretty major selling point to some people (me included).
Woodside does not, since it is apparently really expensive to retrofit into a building that wasn't built for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »