Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bright Building (749 King St W) | 18 + 3 fl | U/C
(07-08-2020, 09:46 PM)Momo26 Wrote: You think any developer in Canada is creative enough for that?

Would love to see it, for a fair amount of square feet not just ground level to a slender condo

1 Victoria has one along King. It’s pretty lame however because it doesn’t go around the corner onto Victoria (at least not continuously). So it’s clear they are still viewing it as an optional aesthetic feature, where it should be viewed as a more or less mandatory amenity for users and passers-by of the building.

More optimistically, apparently the large development on King between Cameron and Madison will have a portico along at least the King St. frontage (although I’ll believe it when I see it). Of course as far as I am concerned it should be all the way around the entire block — again, it shouldn’t be something that is put in when the architects think it looks good, it should be standard.

If every new development had this, it wouldn’t be long before walking around downtown during a rainstorm would not have to involve getting very wet. With careful design, transit loading could happen under a slight extension of the portico roof too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bright Building | 749 King St W | 18fl + 3fl | proposed - by ijmorlan - 07-09-2020, 07:34 AM