Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Isabella Residences | 11 fl | Proposed
Isabella Residences
26, 28 Dorset Street & 7 Princess Street West

Land Owner/Applicant:  D & A Limited Partnership GP Inc.
Project: Construct a new 11 storey mixed use addition (building) connected to the north facade of the existing 5 storey building.  The new addition will contain 227 square metres of ground floor street facing commercial space and 59 residential units in storeys above.  The overall development would contain a total of 70 units, 105 bedrooms, 396 square metres (4,262 square feet) of commercial/office floor area, and 51 parking spaces.

Urban Design Brief

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh thank god I thought this was where Jane Bond is and almost burst a blood vessel
Interesting how the existing 26 Dorset seems to have had this in mind all along - the side facing the new work is essentially blank.
(05-09-2018, 11:47 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Oh thank god I thought this was where Jane Bond is and almost burst a blood vessel

HAHAHA!! I do like this development however and would accept it if it was. Tongue
It is where Jane Bond is, only it stops next door instead of gobbling Jane Bond up.
(05-09-2018, 12:09 PM)KevinL Wrote: Interesting how the existing 26 Dorset seems to have had this in mind all along - the side facing the new work is essentially blank.

And that's a smart thing to do if you are building with zero setback.
I really like the look of this project, nice find.

I agree with Rangers fan. And it seems to fit in well with it's neighbour across Princess
Any updates on where this is at as far as the zoning amendment goes?
(10-31-2018, 01:30 PM)Spokes Wrote: Any updates on where this is at as far as the zoning amendment goes?

Developer has their final approval meeting with the city on November 13th. If all goes well (already had to adjust plans and concepts due to set back requirements) they will hit the market for sale early 2019, just before Strata takes aim in spring 2019. Should be a very georgeous project, I think 2019 may be the year for Uptown Waterloo to get put back on the map! I better knock on wood in case SIXO comes to market in fall 2019. Lol
What's Strata?
I think we're going to see a TON of projects coming on line in 2019, not just in Uptown
Strata is the new one coming up at King & Bridgeport (Canada Post Site). https://www.condoculture.ca/buildings/strata-waterloo

Will be curious to know pricing.... same guys who did that Brick Brewery building I believe?

Ohh I didn't know it had a branded name, thanks!
(11-02-2018, 09:18 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: Strata is the new one coming up at King & Bridgeport (Canada Post Site). https://www.condoculture.ca/buildings/strata-waterloo

Will be curious to know pricing.... same guys who did that Brick Brewery building I believe?

Yes, Strata is by HIP, who did Trio on Belmont and are doing Circa 1877.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »