Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Cedar | 6fl | Proposed
New project listed on Vive's website, 15 Cedar St N. This is the vacant land that's beside Nova Era on the Cedar St side. https://vivedevelopment.com/project/15-cedar/

No details yet, but I'm happy to see Vive continuing the development of the market district.

Looks like the property shares an edge with their Market Flats building, so I imagine it makes a lot of sense for Vive as an extension of the other building. I wonder if Nova Era has considered selling.

Vive is going to own all of King East at this rate.
Likely selling as a ready to go, approved project as the lot is for sale currently
I hope this won’t affect nova era bakery!
(09-29-2021, 06:19 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Vive is going to own all of King East at this rate.

I like that Vive continues to have so much interest in King East, but I really hope they vary the style of their projects or else the neighbourhood is going to have a very monotonous look. Totally a personal option, but I find their buildings boring and blocky.
(09-30-2021, 09:37 AM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 06:19 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Vive is going to own all of King East at this rate.

I like that Vive continues to have so much interest in King East, but I really hope they vary the style of their projects or else the neighbourhood is going to have a very monotonous look. Totally a personal option, but I find their buildings boring and blocky.

They do rentals so every design is the most "economical" possible in order to squeeze out the revenue they want, unfortunately.
(09-30-2021, 03:59 PM)Lens Wrote: They do rentals so every design is the most "economical" possible in order to squeeze out the revenue they want, unfortunately.

Vive rental building render, squeezed to the most economical design:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8009]

A high-priced condo building, with no pennies pinched in the design:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7339]

The smaller Onward building gives me hope that they are willing to do something more interesting. I really like the buildings next to the lot on Cedar, so I'd love to see something that fits in with those. I am also assuming it will look more like The Market Flats though.
(10-01-2021, 09:34 AM)BruceAshe Wrote: The smaller Onward building gives me hope that they are willing to do something more interesting. I really like the buildings next to the lot on Cedar, so I'd love to see something that fits in with those. I am also assuming it will look more like The Market Flats though.

It's a very narrow lot so the Market Flats design won't really work. Look at OTIS for a more likely example for how to make it work (materials may or may not be similar though).
(09-30-2021, 04:39 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 03:59 PM)Lens Wrote: They do rentals so every design is the most "economical" possible in order to squeeze out the revenue they want, unfortunately.

Vive rental building render, squeezed to the most economical design:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8009]

A high-priced condo building, with no pennies pinched in the design:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7339]

LOL yes, IN8 definitely didn't pinch any pennies...

My point is you won't see much more than boxes from rentals (in KW). Not much if any articulation, stepping... nothing that will add $ to the engineering bill essentially. You may or may not see those things in condos (ie Charlie West)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »