Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highland Square | 15 & 16 fl | U/C
(04-15-2020, 09:24 AM)Tony_Plow Wrote: They look about as good as could be expected for that area of the city (I don't mind them at all).  I just wouldn't want to see any more buildings that look like these in the Uptown/Downtown or University areas.

To be honest, these are leagues above what is in the university areas. Everything there should be razed to the ground.

(04-15-2020, 04:01 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 09:24 AM)Tony_Plow Wrote: They look about as good as could be expected for that area of the city (I don't mind them at all).  I just wouldn't want to see any more buildings that look like these in the Uptown/Downtown or University areas.

To be honest, these are leagues above what is in the university areas. Everything there should be razed to the ground.

Agreed. While these wouldn't be the most awesome for the immediate downtown/uptown area's, these are a hell of a lot better than the junky looking crap in the university area. Though mind you, they're not a hell of a lot different than what's being built in the Barrel Yard or Arrow Shirt.

I agree, but we need to get above the "this area of the city" and expect the best for everywhere.

Now, I also know that's not realistic.
The crane at this project was removed yesterday.
Is Highland Square the new name for Galena Towers?  

https://renthighlandsquare.ca/?fbclid=Iw...lcIzDl1dEA
(08-18-2020, 07:53 AM)jgsz Wrote: Is Highland Square the new name for Galena Towers?  

https://renthighlandsquare.ca/?fbclid=Iw...lcIzDl1dEA

Seems to be judging by that link you provided. Perhaps mods can change title of thread.
Yes, the name on the building is Highland Square when I went by this weekend. Buildings look alright, if not that interesting. Now that the cladding is complete on the upper floors, it looks a bit better than the in progress pictures.

I'm curious what the units will look like
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »