Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchener City Council Election Discussion
Scott Davey is my councillor. In general, I like him and he seems to support a lot of the things I support, but I have two concerns that likely mean I won't vote to re-elect him.

That support seems to be nominal is some cases. In principal he likes the idea of stuff like sidewalk clearing or bike networks and so on, but when it comes down to it, he's not really willing to spend the money to support those initiatives. When he's the one holding the purse-strings, that's problematic.

My second concern is that he seems too entrenched in the present way of doing things. He doesn't see, for example, that the cost of planning and studying a Cycling Master Plan for the city massively outstripping the actual money used to implement is highly problematic. That's partly him being an incumbent and feeling a need to be defensive about the present situation, but I want someone who can critically look at what has been done and identify ways to improve it. I want someone that says "this is a priority for me" and then follows through with it and figures out how to do it. Saying Guelph and London have had struggles with their programs, then shrugging your shoulders and putting up with the status quo is completely unacceptable. Instead, use their experience as a lesson and improve on it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kitchener City Council Election Discussion - by jamincan - 10-01-2018, 08:20 AM