Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchener City Council Election Discussion
Kitchener City Council Election Discussion

Has anyone announced that they will NOT be seeking re-election?
Berry is running again.
Should be a shoe-in, no?  I'm wondering if there will be any change in council?  I can think of two that I wouldn't mind seeing the back of, but I suspect their constituents find them effective.
Likely. He's been a great advocate for the city and building community, also be hasn't done anything I would consider controversial.

I was telling a friend who has moved to Kitchener since the last election about Slavko. I wonder if he's going to try again.
(05-11-2018, 09:33 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Should be a shoe-in, no?  I'm wondering if there will be any change in council?  I can think of two that I wouldn't mind seeing the back of, but I suspect their constituents find them effective.

A shoo-in, yes. Smile
My mistake. Ironically, I checked on-line which was correct and then used the incorrect version anyway! Do I get any points for at least using the hyphen? Wink

Hear, hear! Wink
Frank Etherington has decided not to run for office this fall:

https://franketherington.ca/2018/07/06/f...residents/
I must admit, in my whole time living in his ward (6 years), I never once felt terribly inspired or proud of any of the decisions he made, while actively disliking others.

Voting to kill the winter sidewalk maintenance pilot is emblematic of his term.
(07-06-2018, 03:37 PM)Markster Wrote: I must admit, in my whole time living in his ward (6 years), I never once felt terribly inspired or proud of any of the decisions he made, while actively disliking others.

Pretty much, I emailed him once or twice, and got a pretty nothing response or nothing.

The interesting thing is he won by one vote in the only election I chose not to participate in.  It's my badge of shame to wear forever.
(07-06-2018, 03:37 PM)Markster Wrote: I must admit, in my whole time living in his ward (6 years), I never once felt terribly inspired or proud of any of the decisions he made, while actively disliking others.

I met Melissa Bowman, one of the two declared ward 9 candidates, yesterday and had a long chat with her about urban issues in Kitchener. She and I don't agree on everything, but her views are well-considered and I believe she would be a huge upgrade from Frank.

And, yes, she also believes that canceling the winter sidewalk clearing study was a big mistake.

http://melissabowmanward9.ca/
(07-06-2018, 03:00 PM)jgsz Wrote: Frank Etherington has decided not to run for office this fall:

https://franketherington.ca/2018/07/06/f...residents/

I'm surprised.  Although I must admit, a bit happy.  Assuming his replacement works out of course.

(07-06-2018, 03:55 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:

Pretty much, I emailed him once or twice, and got a pretty nothing response or nothing.

The interesting thing is he won by one vote in the only election I chose not to participate in.  It's my badge of shame to wear forever.

You had one job!!!!!
(07-06-2018, 03:55 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:

So at least we know who to blame for the last 4 years. Good one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »