Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
(02-07-2020, 12:09 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 11:06 AM)westwardloo Wrote: I get that people are proud Kitchener residents which is great, count me as one of them. That doesn't stop me from wanting amalgamation even if we end up with Waterloo as our official name. People of North York and Scarborough are proud to be residents of that area and still tell people within Toronto that they live in those neighborhoods. Foreign investors don't care though, they set up in Toronto because it is a known name, they might actually be locating in North York. Waterloo like it or not is the name that has clout in the tech world, that is why the region and the cities use it when luring investors. It was also waterloo county before the regional government was formed.
Again, most of us understand all this.  We are just stating that we stand for our city.  I for one dont want amalgamation  I think the region will thrive the way it has now..
Well then it seems like some Kitchener residents are a little to sensitive about having national news to use their name. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Amalgamation would fix this as we would all have the same name. Personally I don't want a full amalgamation, just the three cities and maybe an annexation of Breslua and Bridgeport from woolwhich.  I wouldn't want what is happening in Hamilton to happen to us. We would still have a regional government and a 2 tier system, but only 1 city, but I digress and we can rehash this debate in the amalgamation thread when enviably comes in a month/ year.  

Yeah for google expansion in Waterloo Region this is good news for all!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 10 fl | U/C - by westwardloo - 02-07-2020, 12:42 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by jeffster - 03-11-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by Spokes - 03-11-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by tomh009 - 03-12-2019, 10:26 AM