Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
(04-07-2019, 12:43 AM)artembunglito Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 09:38 PM)jeffster Wrote: So that basically kills the plan that the city had for the Bramm Street Yards. How many millions did the city lose to keep a handful of citizens happy? And it was millions. Damn. SMH.

What is the actual plan for bramm street yards? Any links to it?

(04-07-2019, 01:05 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 12:43 AM)artembunglito Wrote: What is the actual plan for bramm street yards? Any links to it?

Actual plans? No. What the cities vision is, yes. I think if you go to City Hall, get off on Floor 6, and head towards College St, once you are off the stone floor, turn right again, and you should see a bunch of design pictures hanging on two walls. You might need to go to security to get a security pass to access floor 6, as I am not sure if it's a public floor, though it could be. They had a good vision for the Bramm St Yards. I was under the impression they wanted it sooner than later, but 'sooner' could still be a 5 year thing, so who knows.

(04-07-2019, 07:36 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if Momentum buys the land and develops it once they have completed 100 Victoria and Garment condos.

There's no "actual" plan for the Bramm Yards. The city has done a few visioning exercises over the years, but there is no master plan or anything of that sort. The city is reserving that land and directing growth to "inner" downtown as much as possible, and will open up those lands when the current wave of projects are all finished. I would guess that they will start working on a more detailed master plan for them in the coming years, but not soon. Also keep in mind that UW owns quite a bit of land immediately adjacent to Bramm Yards, so they would likely be involved in the process too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 10 fl | Proposed - by urbd - 04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by jeffster - 03-11-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by Spokes - 03-11-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by tomh009 - 03-12-2019, 10:26 AM