Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
(03-11-2019, 11:59 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 11:35 AM)nms Wrote: I guess the developers walked away with $50 million while people at street level get to deal with missing amenities until the money is found again. I can't believe that the developers would have felt an incentive to discount their units by the amount that the City allowed them to save. There are lots of places that Kitchener could spend $50 million. Kitchener will be playing catch up for a while.

Context?

In other news, looks like a settlement here:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/921...rs-appeal/

I'm not totally clear on what the result is, not sure what they mean by "offsite" vs. "underground" parking, if it's offsite, it probably won't be underground.  I suspect this still doesn't disallow surface parking.

Either way, it seems probably not a bad thing on the whole--the discussion remaining does seem to focus on the parking garage, but I'm still rather suspicious of any neighbourhood opposing development.

This concerns me:

Quote:Parker, who said she couldn’t comment on the applicant’s decision-making process, believes the settlement is a win not only for midtown, but for established communities all along the new light-rail transit line that will soon face similar development proposals for large buildings and towers.

So basically they're hoping in stall development along the LRT, that is what I read. The city needs to kibosh that attitude.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by jeffster - 03-11-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by Spokes - 03-11-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: City of Kitchener Official Plan - by tomh009 - 03-12-2019, 10:26 AM