Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Breithaupt Block Phase III | 11 fl | U/C
Yes, the new McDonalds world headquarters tower will be built on that site, just as soon as we have two-way all-day GO.

That's good though, they'll be close to the Uhaul HQ down the hill.
(03-26-2019, 07:02 PM)Spokes Wrote: That's good though, they'll be close to the Uhaul HQ down the hill.

The UHaul Tower is going to be totally epic and the renders are absolutely beautiful folks, beautiful, and we're going to make Mexico pay for it!! Google, Uhaul and now McDonald's.
Will it be clad in orange self storage roll up doors??
To bring this back on topic, the truth is that with the loss of the Breithaupt garage, Google is renting all of the uhaul storage lockers to hold cars.

You heard it here first.
(03-28-2019, 10:10 AM)kps Wrote: To bring this back on topic, the truth is that with the loss of the Breithaupt garage, Google is renting all of the uhaul storage lockers to hold cars.

You heard it here first.

Unsure if you're being sarcastic.

Now, that's scary.

I wonder if this will push the city to build their new parking garage any faster.
(03-26-2019, 02:06 PM)kps Wrote: Yes, the new McDonalds world headquarters tower will be built on that site, just as soon as we have two-way all-day GO.

Does anyone know if McDonalds will reopen at all?

Google will have complimentary scooter and hover board service from the U Haul tower, so that's a plus
Mcdonalds Canada owns the property and have not sold it, so i guess we wait and see what they do with it.
(03-30-2019, 09:01 AM)Linda Toenders Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 02:06 PM)kps Wrote: Yes, the new McDonalds world headquarters tower will be built on that site, just as soon as we have two-way all-day GO.

Does anyone know if McDonalds will reopen at all?

I think so, that's why they have been holding off on it. Hopefully it could be as part of a mixed use building.
So McD's still owns the property? Curious.
(04-01-2019, 01:55 PM)KevinL Wrote: So McD's still owns the property? Curious.

As far as I know, yes.
(04-01-2019, 03:09 PM)urbd Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 01:55 PM)KevinL Wrote: So McD's still owns the property? Curious.

As far as I know, yes.

I was looking at the rendering again of this building. If I am correct, by not allowing all the floors of parking garage, this will significantly change the design of the building. It might mean they can't have the hang over section propped with the metal legs.  I found that very appealing. It might just end up looking like another boring building which won't tie in well with the first phase.

Really? Are they connected?
Supposedly they cancelled the parking garage for that location, opting for street level visitor parking instead. The googlers will have to park at the ass end of Joseph steet once perimeter develops that parcel of land.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »