Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
246-248 Lester St | 12 fl | Proposed
246-248 Lester Street
IBI Group 
It consists of a twelve-storey residential building with 85 one-bedroom units. It will have 22 parking spaces, and the ground floor will consist of one residential unit with a private patio.

Looks more like the plain University district developments of 6 to 10 years ago, only taller.
(03-30-2018, 06:14 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Looks more like the plain University district developments of 6 to 10 years ago, only taller.

nasty...figured it was a schembri build.  these buildings are going to age terribly.
Oh, I thought these things were stopped. No I guess, huh. Yikes.
At least it's not super tall.
(03-30-2018, 09:39 PM)myfaceisonfire Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 06:14 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Looks more like the plain University district developments of 6 to 10 years ago, only taller.

nasty...figured it was a schembri build.  these buildings are going to age terribly.

Agreed. Barf!
I was going by Albert St. today and I (rather unfortunately) saw that this building had already been topped off. It seemed that the cladding was being installed.

Is it as bland as the render?
Oh yes, terribly. A building like this will never look very nice though.
THe only positive is that it makes the Fallowfield towers look good!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »