Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Strata | 16 & 22 fl | Proposed
Strata
70 King Street North - Uptown Waterloo
Developer: HIP Developments
Project Website: https://stratawaterloo.ca/

Overview: The intent is to redevelop the lands with a mixed-use building containing a 9 storey, 95 unit building and a 15 storey, 168 unit building over a 7 storey podium with 2 levels of underground parking. The building provides for retail-restaurant space on the ground floor along King Street and at the intersection of Regina Street and Bridgeport Road; and office space on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th floors. High quality indoor and outdoor amenity space is proposed both indoors and outdoors on the 7th floor including a pool, fitness centre, event rooms, outdoor gardens, terraces and reflecting pools.

[Image: 70-king-street-north-waterloo-proposed-development.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 11:20 AM)Watdot Wrote:
Proposal | Zone Change Application

Overview: The intent is to redevelop the lands with a mixed-use building containing a 9 storey, 95 unit building and a 15 storey, 168 unit building over a 7 storey podium with 2 levels of underground parking. The building provides for retail-restaurant space on the ground floor along King Street and at the intersection of Regina Street and Bridgeport Road; and office space on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th floors. High quality indoor and outdoor amenity space is proposed both indoors and outdoors on the 7th floor including a pool, fitness centre, event rooms, outdoor gardens, terraces and reflecting pools.

[Image: 20pzvpu.jpg]

[Image: 2s9dhxw.jpg]

Very decent addition to Uptown... I wish the towers were a bit more 'point' instead of slab, but developers in this region love slabs!
Seems to loom over the intersection. Otherwise an improvement on the vacant lot.

Took me a minute to orient myself. I was confused by the name on the building "Bridge and King" and was trying to rationalize why such a larger building was being built at Bridge and King, but of course it is at Bridgeport and King.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Will this be the first tall building on King in Uptown?
There is the 25 storey proposal at 80 King St and 87 Regina St. But the tallest portion of that project is on the Regina side.
Looks good, I am with urbd, I prefer slimmer towers but otherwise this project should be another exciting addition to Uptown.
(02-15-2018, 11:20 AM)Watdot Wrote:
Proposal | Zone Change Application

[Image: 20pzvpu.jpg]

[Image: 2s9dhxw.jpg]

This is what the new Drewlo apartment should look like.

(edit, must have been posting late, because I have no idea what I said)

(02-16-2018, 03:50 AM)jeffster Wrote: This is what the new Drewlo apartment should look like.

I don't think you could rent this out at Drewlo prices and still be financially viable.
(02-16-2018, 11:48 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 03:50 AM)jeffster Wrote: This is what the new Drewlo apartment should look like.

I don't think you could rent this out at Drewlo prices and still be financially viable.

Are you saying the Drewlo is typically more affordable ?
In my experience, Drewlo is on the high end of the rental price spectrum.
(02-16-2018, 12:14 PM)timio Wrote: In my experience, Drewlo is on the high end of the rental price spectrum.

Higher than, say, Princess Apartments or Barrel Yards? Really?
I should say the last time I looked for a rental was mid 2014, so my experience isn't current.
Glad to see three distinct retail spots that should maintain variety on the site.
Not a fan of putting all the green space up high, leaving pedestrians and cyclists without any relief on the ground level.

(02-16-2018, 01:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:14 PM)timio Wrote: In my experience, Drewlo is on the high end of the rental price spectrum.

Higher than, say, Princess Apartments or Barrel Yards? Really?

Definitely not. Until recently Drewlo was the higher end option in downtown Kitchener, but that just reflected the fact there was nothing truly high end. Drewlo buildings are significantly cheaper than Barrel Yards. I would describe them as mid market.
More news on this project, it will include a very cool youth innovation centre! Plus updated podium design:

https://www.waterloochronicle.ca/news-st...ote-steam/

[Image: KingandBridgeport_Super_Portrait.jpg]

such an exciting project!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »