Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
(04-19-2021, 10:58 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 10:05 PM)jeffster Wrote: City Hall is 12 floors, and not 10, like many believe. The elevator goes up to 10th floor. You walk up to 11th floor. Once on that floor, you can access the 12th floor. But for all intents and purposes, city hall is 10 floors. (though there are washrooms, shower and lunch room on the 11th floor).

There is no accessible route to the top 2 floors at all? That seems strange.

11th floor is assessable from one of the stair cases. It's keyed entry. There is a second floor on the 11th floor, just mechanical stuff. Then there is more stuff above the 12th floor, but not really assessable. There is no marking for the 12th floor, but there is for the 11th.

Another cool place is The Aud. Technically, excluding mechanical, it has 6 floors. You have Kinsmen/Kiwanis floor, then event level (where the Rangers play, concerts, etc), then lower concourse, then upper concourse, then Legends level then media level. Legends is not assessable to the general public.

(04-18-2021, 05:51 PM)sevenman Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 05:49 PM)sevenman Wrote: I noticed the last time the crane was raised that it was fairly high with a clearance higher than what is required to complete 39 floors.  Last week a video was posted on one of threads on WRC that showed the presenter stating that DTK is to be 41 floors.  Were two floors added some where along the way?

Here's that video

https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...p?tid=1548

He was incorrect, I'm not sure why he said it was over 40 floors.

Yet another cannabis shop going in here.
(04-26-2021, 07:27 PM)DK519 Wrote: Yet another cannabis shop going in here.

I'll refrain from making a joke about cannabis shops and high buildings!
Another weed store? There are so many of those in Waterloo Region haha. This map really puts into perspective how many are in (or will be opening) in the city and across the province.
(04-26-2021, 08:39 PM)ac3r Wrote: Another weed store? There are so many of those in Waterloo Region haha. This map really puts into perspective how many are in (or will be opening) in the city and across the province.

The weak ones will get, uhh, weeded out soon enough.
It looks like we have topped out, they haven’t started another floor in while. Has anyone been down and close recently to count?

(04-26-2021, 10:21 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: It looks like we have topped out, they haven’t started another floor in while. Has anyone been down and close recently to count?

They are on the 38th floor. I counted them yesterday. It's easy when you can see the exterior elevator.
(04-26-2021, 09:03 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 08:39 PM)ac3r Wrote: Another weed store? There are so many of those in Waterloo Region haha. This map really puts into perspective how many are in (or will be opening) in the city and across the province.

The weak ones will get, uhh, weeded out soon enough.

How could you resist huh? hah Rolleyes
Duke Tower should be topping out soon:

[Image: BKZk0oC.jpg]
You can see this from everywhere. I was driving into town on northfield and I could see it all the way from 86
The behemoth grows... Will it look as bad as we suspect upon completion?

[Image: sh2TIFG.jpg]
[Image: TVLqT8z.jpg]
[Image: N8CEbKX.jpg]
Looking tall from this angle, across Frederick in the Courthouse courtyard

Maybe if you crop out the bottom third ...
(05-10-2021, 10:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Maybe if you crop out the bottom third ...

Yeah the tower is thankfully looking a bit more pleasing than the podium, at least.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »