Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being a car driving by, 10 being a bulldozer through the living room, how loud is the drill cylinder usually?

(01-11-2019, 02:39 PM)Lens Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 01:50 PM)jgsz Wrote: Is this the equipment?  It looks like a pile driver but it could be used for something else.

That's a shoring drill. They're moving quickly on this!

And if a shoring drill is already on site, and they aren't going down very far, you'd think forms/crane would be around the corner.  Like maybe a month away?
That's relatively quick action. Do we have a # and specifics on units still unsold? If any?
Update:

Another large drill-like piece of equipment (yellow one) arrived yesterday.  The 'drill' that's been here for a while drills into the soil and sandy soil is brought to the surface and when there is enough it gets taken away by a truck.  What I find curious is the cement truck that pours cement (?) into the drilled holes.  I have no idea why they would do that.  Can anyone offer an explanation?
(01-24-2019, 10:33 AM)jgsz Wrote: Can anyone offer an explanation?

This video provides a good explanation of what's probably going on:
(01-24-2019, 10:54 AM)EdM Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 10:33 AM)jgsz Wrote: Can anyone offer an explanation?

This video provides a good explanation of what's probably going on:

Thanks.  That is probably what they are doing.
Thanks for posting that, very helpful!

They are wasting no time on this project.  The pile construction is not finished on the west side but they have started to excavate on the Duke / Frederick corner.  

(02-13-2019, 11:54 AM)jgsz Wrote: They are wasting no time on this project.  The pile construction is not finished on the west side but they have started to excavate on the Duke / Frederick corner.  

They could be digging to prepare for underground services...
In this weather, no less!
Yesterday they were still working on the remaining pile wall.  At the same time were starting the retaining wall.  I expect the pile driver to be taken away today.  

They made very good time with the caissons.... theses guys are flying...
(02-22-2019, 08:26 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: They made very good time with the caissons....  theses guys are flying...

Yes they are.  And wasting no time.  I remember seeing their surveyors on site even before the church was totally demolished.

Very good time! WOW.

I'm curious to see if we see some faster construction times in Waterloo Region moving forward. I always find that other bigger regions move a lot faster.
(02-22-2019, 08:30 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 08:26 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: They made very good time with the caissons....  theses guys are flying...

Yes they are.  And wasting no time.  I remember seeing their surveyors on site even before the church was totally demolished.
Please keep the updates coming.  You had a great vantage point there !!  We should do a pool to see who can guess the approximate month that your camera will start pointing up in stead of down to take the progress picture...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »