Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
(01-03-2019, 12:00 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I predict that nothing will happen until the building permit is issued!

I don't know if they got a building permit but they were busy today.   Lots of steel posts were delivered this morning.   

Permit for the foundation has been issued Jan 4, 2019!
(01-09-2019, 09:28 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Permit for the foundation has been issued Jan 4, 2019!

The whole process seems ass-backwards to me.  Shouldn't a developer have all the necessary permits before they start selling units?
(01-10-2019, 08:47 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:28 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Permit for the foundation has been issued Jan 4, 2019!

The whole process seems ass-backwards to me.  Shouldn't a developer have all the necessary permits before they start selling units?

Nowadays, developers don't even wait for zoning approval before starting sales, at least in some cases.
Nor do they wait until they've bought all of the properties before announcing the project hah.
For the record, the hoardings are fully complete (as jgsz's photo shows) and both sidewalks are completely open.
Is that it for digging given the above ground parking?

It's smaller and started a tad earlier...but which so finish first...this or Charlie West?

(01-10-2019, 01:14 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Is that it for digging given the above ground parking?

It's smaller and started a tad earlier...but which so finish first...this or Charlie West?

They haven't started digging yet.  Shoring and Caissons first...  Then start excavating...
There's an upright piece of equipment - not sure if pile driver or shoring driller - now on-site.
(01-10-2019, 01:35 PM)KevinL Wrote: There's an upright piece of equipment - not sure if pile driver or shoring driller - now on-site.

Is this the equipment?  It looks like a pile driver but it could be used for something else.

Yes,  if you look closely, you will see the boring tools laying on the ground.   Wow, they are moving fast on this one...
(01-10-2019, 01:50 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 01:35 PM)KevinL Wrote: There's an upright piece of equipment - not sure if pile driver or shoring driller - now on-site.

Is this the equipment?  It looks like a pile driver but it could be used for something else.

You have a great vantage point there.  I hope you keep us updated with pics please...
(01-10-2019, 01:50 PM)jgsz Wrote:

That's a shoring drill. They're moving quickly on this!

(01-10-2019, 01:54 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 01:50 PM)jgsz Wrote: Is this the equipment?  It looks like a pile driver but it could be used for something else.

You have a great vantage point there.  I hope you keep us updated with pics please...

They're moving fast on this one!
You can see the drill cylinder in place now. They're right next to the wall of the YWCA, I'm sure the residents are not exactly enjoying the process.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »