Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
Demolition started today. 

Awesome! Anyone who's around, keep those updates coming!
Lots of activity since yesterday.  It looks like the walls on Frederick and Duke Street will come down last.  

Photo 

Frederick St side

Why that cladding was there in the first place.

(10-25-2018, 06:29 PM)Spokes Wrote: Why that cladding was there in the first place.

Apparently it looked cool in the 70s. The disco ball look for a building ...
There's some things I'll just never understand I guess
Another photo, with the courthouse in the background:

Found this render of DTK, wasn't sure if it'd been posted.

I hadn't realized there was so much parking in the podium.

What are the parking minimums here?
The parking podium facing out onto Frederick is the weakest aspect of this project, imo. I wish the exterior were better clad.

(10-29-2018, 11:23 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The parking podium facing out onto Frederick is the weakest aspect of this project, imo.  I wish the exterior were better clad.

I totally agree.  Not hidden well at all.
Fits in with the ugly Weber and Queen parking.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »