Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train/LRT safety
(02-15-2018, 03:31 PM)urbd Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 03:21 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I think you need to take a deep breath.  You grouped everyone on here in to a category based on a few comments.  That is not right either.  People are allowed to have differing opinions.  I found the comments to be respectful.  Just because others view things through a different lens shouldn't mean you pack up your toys and go home.  If a debate with others who for the most part are complete strangers to you, and have no impact on your life, cause your blood pressure to rise this much, it just might be a good idea for you to take a break from all social media....

Stole the words from my mouth. Wow.

I'm also done with this discussion, but yeah I just cannot understand such a robotic stance on following rules for the sake of just following them... so many variables to consider. Anyway, be happy everyone!

(02-15-2018, 01:56 PM)Canard Wrote: For such a smart and intelligent group of individuals I cannot believe the absolute defiance to follow the law.

Absolutely disgusting. Totally disrespectful of the rail industry.

I grew up being respectful of other people’s proeprty and never ever trespassed. Ever. I grew up with Operation Lifesaver drilled into my head from an early age of being a Railway fan and totally respect their wishes.

This is my last post on this - my blood pressure won’t take it and I’m about to delete my account on this forum. Life is too damn short to have people like you ruin it.

Please don’t delete your account over this. You should know that I consider you a valuable member of this community, and I don’t think I’m alone in that opinion.

At the same time, my flaw is sometimes just having to jump in and correct things when I see them. So I have to say that it looks to me like you are conflating “being safe” with “being legal”. In fact they are different things, and I think conflating them is a dangerously authoritarian way of thinking. In the case under discussion, it is simply absurd to claim that future platforms are “incredibly dangerous” based only on the fact that they aren’t legally open to the public.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »