Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
I really like the mobile version too. The other one while functional, looked awful. Nice to have some continuity. Glad you like it though.

KevinL is right, it needs the full URL for whatever reason, not the redirected shortened one. It needs to be a youtube.com address.

Favicon is in the works.
Can't figure out the Twitter mycode for the life of me. It's really bugging me actually. Same with the twitter embed code.

In the old mobile version, it would always go to the last post in a thread. Now, it doesn’t, and you have to use your fingernail to try and tap the last page number, then scroll down.

Is there something I am missing?
(05-24-2018, 02:28 PM)Canard Wrote: In the old mobile version, it would always go to the last post in a thread. Now, it doesn’t, and you have to use your fingernail to try and tap the last page number, then scroll down.

Is there something I am missing?

Just like on desktop, tap the green arrow just right of the thread name.
That does not exist in the new mobile theme.

...and if that screenshot is not the mobile theme, then tell me what I'm doing wrong to try and activate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeO57KX_6ko

(second issue is long link doesn't work either with the embed tags for videos as previously stated)
At the bottom of your image, the Cycling and Walking threads have the green arrows but the ones above do not. This is presumably because those two have unread posts, while you are caught up on the others. The green arrows are only for jumping to unread posts, for the record.
Oh.. to the left...

Admittedly I didn’t even see the arrow or process it. Jeez... and to think they let me drive.

Still can’t get YouTube to embed.
(05-24-2018, 08:59 PM)Canard Wrote: Still can’t get YouTube to embed.

You've got the full URL from a desktop browser, and using the 'Insert a video' tool in the bar?
Yes..

EDIT: Got it to work! I had to add a timestamp to the URL ( &t=0s appended to the end).
I accidentally switched back to the old mobile theme and I can no longer jump to the last post. Also I can’t find any way to switch back to the new theme.
I second that. There's no option anywhere to go back to any other theme

How do you get from the mobile site to the desktop one on a mobile device?

I have to do this to upload photos because it doesn’t work on mobile.

There used to be a link at the bottom but it’s gone.
Can’t edit in mobile:

https://youtu.be/46jdh4g5nI4
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »