Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
Ya, I'm noticing that too. I'll add it to the list.

Are emojis disabled on purpose? That always frustrated me about the old theme, and it seems it hasn't changed with the new theme.
Shocked 
Disabled?  Huh
Why use a picture when you can just as easily express yourself with a twenty syllable German word?
(02-02-2018, 05:05 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Disabled?  Huh

I'm talking about unicode emojis, not the limited built-in forum smilies. You can insert them into the editor, but they display as question marks after posting.

????

[Image: XYdplyp.png]
(02-02-2018, 05:19 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 05:05 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Disabled?  Huh

I'm talking about unicode emojis, not the limited built-in forum smilies. You can insert them into the editor, but they display as question marks after posting.

????

Ahhh ... Unicode.  Not disabled on purpose, but MyBB doesn't have full Unicode support out of the box.  Customization would be required.
Ya that looks like it could be tough to do to be honest.

(01-29-2018, 07:16 PM)Spokes Wrote: It's on the list.  The original favicon file is still there, so I'm not sure why it's defaulting to the bolt.  I'll look into it.

Curiously, when you open an internally-hosted file by itself, you DO get the logo icon:
[Image: 2lru.jpg]
Most likely the new theme explicitly specifies the favicon. The attachments don't, so they get the old favicon, which is in the default location.
That's exactly the case. It's on my list of things to look into. It's the start of a new semester for us high school teachers, so old exams and report cards and new semester start up means WRC fixes get put on the back burner. Hang in there everyone, I haven't forgotten.
Just compiling my list of things that need fixed and changed with this theme.

I think this seems to work well, so I'm thinking I'll go ahead and buy the full version. Before I do, any other issues I should be aware of?
Weird.  I'll look into it.

Does anyone else have issues seeing the text on the menu options at the top of the site?  Home, About, Forums, What's new, etc

Just see Forums and Search
Yes. They disappeared yesterday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »