Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
Imgur no longer works, essentially they block use of images on forums unless you pay $100+ per year.

But free image resize apps exist for both Android and iOS (sadly other smartphone platforms are about as active as dodos) so resizing the image and saving it would allow you to attach it using the mobile version as well, I think.

Yes! That's what I meant by "-Resize it with ImageResize+" Smile
If you want a decent free image host, I can recommend http://thinimg.com/

It doesn't do galleries or other bells and whistles like imgur, but it works!
(01-27-2018, 10:19 AM)dunkalunk Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 06:55 PM)Spokes Wrote: Ya it should be.  Will have to play around and find out the various colour codes to get them to match.

You mean converting the aqua blue to the green right?

Yup, although if it's also possible to change the header from slate grey to something warmer that would be neat too.

I like the contrast and strength of the current grey.
Minor issue, but I find the red highlight behind the unread mail count really distracting, when the count is "0". I'm used to other interfaces where the highlight would only appear if you actually have mail.
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I keep on thinking I have a message, when actually I don't. Sad
Ok. I'll be totally honest, being able to make it red upon a message arriving is beyond my skill set

I'd rather it never be red, than always red.

Something to add to the list, if you haven't: the favicon. that generic lightning bolt is throwing me off...
It's on the list. The original favicon file is still there, so I'm not sure why it's defaulting to the bolt. I'll look into it.
Can one of the mods fix the error on the home page? 

Quote:Rumours are swirling that Momentum Development's newest condo project, Charlie West, at the corner of Charles and Gaukel in Downtown Kitchener has already sold all of it's units. This 26 floor tower could break ground sooner rather than later. ...Keep Reading

Charlie West is 31 floors.
I think only Justin can update the home page ...
Ya I'll get to it this weekend.
One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

(02-01-2018, 10:22 AM)plam Wrote: One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

Same. It cuts off the name of the person who posted the top reply, and I have to scroll up to read that.
(02-01-2018, 10:59 AM)KevinL Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 10:22 AM)plam Wrote: One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

Same. It cuts off the name of the person who posted the top reply, and I have to scroll up to read that.

Me too.  I use Google Chrome.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »