Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
So as you've noticed, there's a new look for WRConnected.  A new theme package was needed to remedy a lot of issues.  This one's better, but still a work in progress.  Please be patient as we work through some bugs and changes.

One of the benefits of the old theme was there were a ton of customizations done to it.  Those can be done to the new one, but it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it.  So if you notice something's missing, or not working, or could be better, post it here and I'll do my best to fix it up.

Thanks for your efforts !!! Looks good...
I had a slight issue logging in where the login screen seemed to be thinking. Navigated to another page and I was signed in. So it worked, but was a bit counter intuitive.
Curiously (or maybe not?) the mobile site looks the same! Is that intentional?

There is some kind of white or black icon with a star on each thread on the main forum page. Are they eggs?
(01-25-2018, 10:21 AM)Spokes Wrote: So as you've noticed, there's a new look for WRConnected.  A new theme package was needed to remedy a lot of issues.  This one's better, but still a work in progress.  Please be patient as we work through some bugs and changes.

One of the benefits of the old theme was there were a ton of customizations done to it.  Those can be done to the new one, but it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it.  So if you notice something's missing, or not working, or could be better, post it here and I'll do my best to fix it up.

Thank you for all your work \ making this site better for us as users/consumers of WRC.
Love it!
(01-25-2018, 11:41 PM)Canard Wrote: Curiously (or maybe not?) the mobile site looks the same!  Is that intentional?

There is some kind of white or black icon with a star on each thread on the main forum page.  Are they eggs?

It looks the same as before?  Or the same as on desktop?

So this is the free version of the theme, there's no mobile support.  The full version is completely mobile supported and is great.  But wanted to make sure this was the direction we wanted to go first.

I mean the mobile site looks the same as it did before, no change. Not a complaint! Just a question. Smile
The mobile plugin is still active. I'll deactivate it and let me know what you think. The non mobile version of this theme is actually fairly usable.
Never mind, it just broke!
Do not like at all. Smile Very not usable on iOS/iPhone.
Renders the non-mobile site on my phone. Not responsive at all.
With the fixed-width theme, text doesn't wrap anymore, so the forum isn't usable unless your browser is wider than about 1000 pixels. Probably not an issue for most, but I often have a smaller browser window when I am multi-tasking on a laptop, so the change isn't very positive for me.

I'm also missing the mobile theme. The desktop site renders fine on my phone, but without any mobile optimization it's just annoying to use, especially when I only follow a couple of threads.

Is it possible to change page elements to match colours in the logo?
(01-26-2018, 10:54 AM)timio Wrote: Renders the non-mobile site on my phone.  Not responsive at all.

Like I said, in order to get the responsive version of the theme, I've got to shell out for it.  Didn't want to do that without making sure the rest worked.

Will go back to the mobile plugin....that work?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »