Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
There does not seem to be a way to add a user to your “Ignore” list in mobile.

Might just have to be something you do on a desktop
Quote:Attempting to join WRconnected and got this nice CAPTCHA... they aware of this?

This was also just brought to my attention. I'm on it

Edit: Fixed!
Hi!

I prompted the above post Tongue Thanks  for fixing promptly! Another question - Is this really supposed to be what guests see? [Image: TENmEvB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
I'm glad we got it fixed and you could register! Welcome!

It's not what they SHOULD see, but it is what they do see right now. I did all of my testing on my laptop in my account and failed to test as a guest and extensively on mobile.

Things at work are crazy as the semester ends ,and exams come up, and report cards approach. I'm creating a list of things to focus on once July hits, so keep these things coming.
Further to the video issues:

Interestingly, when writing the post, the video inserts into the edit box no problem with the shortened link and with no letterboxing. Once posted, though, the shortened link doesn't work, and once that is fixed, the letterboxing shows up.

It seems, as well, that the time stamp doesn't work.

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...1#pid54751

(07-04-2018, 07:46 AM)jamincan Wrote: Further to the video issues:

Interestingly, when writing the post, the video inserts into the edit box no problem with the shortened link and with no letterboxing. Once posted, though, the shortened link doesn't work, and once that is fixed, the letterboxing shows up.

It seems, as well, that the time stamp doesn't work.

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...php?tid=66&pid=54751#pid54751

I wonder why the a href tag is in the link on that one you linked to?  Did you copy straight from the address bar, or use an embed code?
There's an a href tag? Initially I used the "copy video a current time" link in the right-click context menu, which gave me a shortened link which I then copied into the Insert a Video toolbar option on the post. Once I realized that the shortened link didn't work, I copied the address from the address bar and replaced the relevant part in the link. This is the code I see for the post:

Code:
Numbers are down, but the *fear* of illegal immigration is rising.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYba0m6ztE?t=8[/video]
Does anyone else have issues viewing images that are added using the IMG tag rather than as attachments?  It's hit or miss for me, sometimes they just show up as links
Something is broken with the "Quote"/"Reply" functionality. Read through the last few posts here:

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...9#pid55399

I can see the problem; sometimes when I push either "Quote" or "Reply", it shoves a bunch of old posts in on top of the one I want to reply to, which makes no sense, and there appears to be no way to clear this.
My guess is that multiple messages have been checked off and that they're all being replied to at once.
That's a good guess - I thought that too, but tried it myself and it doesn't seem to be the case. They seem to get "locked in".

I did find a "deselect" button somewhere but now I can't find it so I'm not sure how to communicate that to the OP.

Odd that they'd get locked in. I've never experienced that
I get it all the time with seemingly years-old posts from time to time...

I wonder if they get "locked in" from some old refresh or theme some long time ago and when you return to that thread it "remembers" and starts inserting them until you clear them out.

I've seen lots of people quoting the wrong stuff so I know I'm not the only one who's experienced this
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »