Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Downtown project directory
Barra, Charlie West and DTK updated to "demolition" status.

Should SIXO be considered "inactive" by now?

They are indeed moving out. Maybe that presages demolition ...
Sixo is reported as 17+21 on the first page, but it should be 30+28+26+18+6. 18 is the rental tower and 6 is office building. I've been told that the time line of the project is very long and may include multiple developers.
Added some new projects, updated incorrect information.
Upgraded Charlie West and 345 King W to "excavation" status and 334 King W to "construction".
Public Notice - Planning Matters (607-641 King Street West)

The City of Kitchener has received applications for Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw Amendments for the above noted properties. These applications propose to permit a mixed use development consisting of office, retail, commercial and residential uses. The Official Plan Amendment will implement a special policy in the K-W Hospital Secondary Plan to clarify bonusing provisions and provide for a Master Plan Process. The Zoning By-law Amendment will regulate increases in density, height, parking and include bonusing provisions in the zoning. The Kaufman House which is a significant cultural heritage resource located on the property will be retained and incorporated into this development.

A public meeting had been scheduled to be held by the Planning and Strategic Initiatives Committee, a Committee of Council which deals with planning matters, on Monday, September 10th at 6pm.

Notice is hereby given that this item will not be heard at this meeting as previously planned since the owner has requested that this item be withdrawn from consideration at this time.
Is there anything actually happening with the Kaufman house at the moment?

Not a good sign? The one article from the record from 2017 stated that renovation of the Kaufman mansion was suppose to start spring 2018.
How did the K-W Hospital Secondary Plan come into play with these properties? There's a pretty big space between the hospital and this block.
(09-08-2018, 11:20 PM)nms Wrote: How did the K-W Hospital Secondary Plan come into play with these properties?  There's a pretty big space between the hospital and this block.

Because of the air ambulance helicopter pad just over the tracks from the site, no?
(09-09-2018, 08:39 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 11:20 PM)nms Wrote: How did the K-W Hospital Secondary Plan come into play with these properties?  There's a pretty big space between the hospital and this block.

Because of the air ambulance helicopter pad just over the tracks from the site, no?

Sounds good to me.
Hello Everyone, I am a long-time lurker here at waterlooregionconnected.com but a first-time poster.

I wanted to share the Waterloo Region developments map that I have been working on over the past few months. It includes both urban residential and commercial developments by developer, architect, height (stories) and project status. Could you guys kindly provide feedback on the map? Thank you!
The Link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-gbX0G...sp=sharing
I fixed a small mistake with the Spelling of Virerra Village. The link from earlier should still be good.

Welcome to WRC.

Great map, tons of details both completed, future and in progress. Well done!!
(05-12-2019, 10:43 AM)kalis0490 Wrote: Hello Everyone, I am a long-time lurker here at waterlooregionconnected.com  but a first-time poster.

I wanted to share the Waterloo Region developments map that I have been working on over the past few months. It includes both urban residential and commercial developments by developer, architect, height (stories) and project status. Could you guys kindly provide feedback on the map? Thank you!
The Link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-gbX0G...sp=sharing

I missed this when you first posted it.  I think it's a great map.  Very good work.  I love maps so it's nice to see someone else providing maps I can use.  Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »