Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Downtown project directory
(12-17-2017, 12:22 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 07:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: This came together really nicely!! Well done.  I'm going to sticky it as a great resource.

Does it make sense to link projects to their corresponding threads if they exist?

Have started adding links (both to the pages and to the official sites, where they exist). Not done quite yet though ...

That will be almost as good as a map. Thanks for doing this.

Somebody else can tackle the map later. Smile A map would be much more useful for someone who doesn't know the cities, for us the street locations are not so mysterious!
I had been thinking about making a map, albeit a 3D one to incorporate building heights. Hopefully we'd get a clearer picture of the future skyline that way
The downtown neighbourhood alliance uses these boundaries:
[Image: DNA-map.png]

I think I would include Mill-Courtland wedge and the Auditorium wedge personally. K-W hospital may soon feel split between including itself in midtown or downtown.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(12-17-2017, 01:13 PM)GtwoK Wrote: I had been thinking about making a map, albeit a 3D one to incorporate building heights. Hopefully we'd get a clearer picture of the future skyline that way

That would be cool!
A 3d map would be awesome.
(12-17-2017, 12:22 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 07:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: This came together really nicely!! Well done.  I'm going to sticky it as a great resource.

Does it make sense to link projects to their corresponding threads if they exist?

Have started adding links (both to the pages and to the official sites, where they exist). Not done quite yet though ...

Looks awesome!

(12-17-2017, 01:13 PM)GtwoK Wrote: I had been thinking about making a map, albeit a 3D one to incorporate building heights. Hopefully we'd get a clearer picture of the future skyline that way

I actually started on a development map last week. Nothing fancy, just a google maps overlay. Much like the previous WonderfulWaterloo map .

What base product did you have in mind for incorporating 3D?

Open to suggestions before/if I proceed.
(12-18-2017, 12:15 PM)Ace Wrote:

I actually started on a development map last week. Nothing fancy, just a google maps overlay. Much like the previous WonderfulWaterloo map .

What base product did you have in mind for incorporating 3D?

Open to suggestions before/if I proceed.

I don't think anything I would, do would interfere with your work - I was just going to see if I could pull 3D data from Google's LIDAR-generated satellite imagery and overlay some additional 3D data of new developments on top of it, then host it in some online 3D viewer somewhere.
Shouldn't 100 Victoria be marked as Construction? When I drove by last week it was already at the 3rd floor...

Coke
A number of updates made to the directory; updates and corrections welcome as always.
Garment St should be marked at permitting, not construction, and One Hundred should be marked as construction, not pre-selling. Also, should Charlie West be marked as construction? They've completed demolition and are clearing the lot, but I'm not sure if site-works that are not exclusively building are "construction".
Thanks! I'm being generous and including demolition as construction -- if they have some kind of a building permit granted, I think that's good enough for this summary.

(04-11-2018, 10:14 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Thanks! I'm being generous and including demolition as construction -- if they have some kind of a building permit granted, I think that's good enough for this summary.

Shouldn't Garment Street Condo be 23 stories? Plus 6 for Huck Glove? I think you have 21+17 for that one, the same as One Hundred.

Also, nothing for Cambridge??
Garment Street fixed now, thanks for catching that.

If someone can put together a summary of Cambridge downtown(s) projects, I would be happy to add a third table.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »