Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtown project directory
(Last updated 2018-07-18)

This is an attempt to create (and keep updated) a directory of all the active projects in downtown Kitchener and uptown Waterloo -- and midtown in between. "Active" means construction, permitting or pre-selling: if there is only some concept but no activity, it will not be listed. Once a building permit has been issued, the project will be marked as "demolition", "excavation" or "construction".

Project City Address Type Floors Status Developer
165 King St W
Kitchener 165 King St W Office + retail 3 Construction Jay Shah
51 David St
Kitchener 51 David St Condo or rental 6 Permitting Vive
276 King St W
Kitchener 276 King St W Retail (1F renovation) 3 Construction Perimeter
334 King St W
Kitchener 334 King St W Office + retail 2 Construction TBD
345 King St W
Kitchener 345 King St W Office + retail 4 Excavation Perimeter
475 King St E
Kitchener 475 King St E Residential + retail 23 + 19 Permitting Drewlo
624 King St W
Kitchener 624 King St W TBD 3 Permitting Rahim Anwar
48 Ontario St N
Kitchener 48 Ontario St N Office 4 Permitting Voisin
64 Margaret Ave
Kitchener 64 Margaret Ave Rental 6 + 3 + 3 Permitting Vive
American Block
Kitchener 1 Queen St N Rental + retail 6 Permitting OHM
600 Queen St S
Kitchener 600 Queen St S Condo 6 Permitting Danik Daniels
Arrow 2
Kitchener 120 Benton St Rental 15 Excavation Auburn
Barra Condos
Kitchener 399 Queen St S Rental 6 Excavation Polocorp
Charlie West
Kitchener 24 Gaukel St Condo + retail 31 Excavation Momentum/Zehr
Duke Tower Kitchener
Kitchener 78 Frederick St Residential + retail 33 Demolition IN8
Garment Street Condos Kitchener 112 Victoria St S Condo + office + retail 23 + 6 Permitting Momentum/Zehr
Google expansion
Kitchener 20 Breithaupt St Office + retail 10 Permitting Perimeter
The Hudson
Kitchener 749 King St W Residential + retail 18 + 3 Permitting Perimeter
Manulife parking lot
Kitchener 54 Water St Condo + office + retail 20 Permitting Manulife
Midtown Lofts
Kitchener 690 King St W Condo 6 Construction Decade
Multi-modal Hub
Kitchener Victoria St N TBD TBD RFP TBD
One Hundred
Kitchener 100 Victoria St S Rental 21 + 17 Construction Momentum
Schneiders
Kitchener Courtland Ave Rental + office + retail TBD Demolition Auburn
SIXO
Kitchener 607 King St W Condo + office + retail 30+28+26+18+6 Permitting Zehr
Sun Life Towers
Kitchener ? King St W Residential + retail 21 + 22 Permitting Sun Life
Woodsite Terraces
Kitchener 270 Spadina St Residential + retail 12 Permitting Andrin
Young Condos
Kitchener 120 King St W Residential + retail 12 Permitting Andrin

Project City Address Type Floors Status Developer
115 Erb St E
Waterloo 115 Erb St E Apartment 12 Construction Erb East
70 King St N
Waterloo 70 King St N Residential + office + retail 22 + 16 Permitting HIP
185 King St S
Waterloo 185 King St S Office + retail 6 Permitting Perimeter
87 Regina St S
Waterloo 87 Regina St S Condo + retail 25 Permitting CLT Investments
119 Roger St
Waterloo 119 Roger St Residential + retail 6 + 3 Permitting Reid
Barrel Yards
Waterloo 20 Barrel Yards Blvd Rental + office + hotel 25 + 22 + 22 + 18 + 12 + 10 Construction Auburn
Caroline St Private Residences
Waterloo 155 Caroline St Condo 22 Construction VanMar
Circa 1877
Waterloo 181 King St S Condo + retail 20 Excavation Hip
ONE28
Waterloo 128 King St N Condo + retail 15 Pre-selling CTN
Sun Life
Waterloo John St W Condo or rental 20 Pre-selling Sun Life

Corrections and additions are most welcome!

A few notes -

I think construction might be complete on 195 Joseph?
345 King isn't under construction yet, is it?
American Block is supposed to be 6 stories, I had thought?
Circa 1877 I thiiiink is under construction - or at least, some demolition has occurred.
Thanks! The last info I had on the American Block plans (ohminc.ca/press-release/ohm-developments-has-fresh-plans-for-kitcheners-old-american-hotel/) was three floors, did I miss a later update?
100 Victoria St. S is listed twice? as 100 and 114 Victoria St.  Also 345 King St W is 6 stories.
I remember distinctly a render form the developer / owner / whoever that added 3 floors of glass on top of the existing facade, as well as changing the wall fronting Goudies Lane to be all glass. I cant seem to find that anywhere though.

The Queen St improvement plan, had an "unofficial" version of the same at this link: http://www.kitchener.ca/en/Calendar/Coun...18a1ed1e83

But since the C of K has rebuilt their site, it's no longer accessible. Trying to figure out how to access it now...

(12-16-2017, 02:57 PM)Square Wrote: 100 Victoria St. S is listed twice? as 100 and 114 Victoria St.  Also 345 King St W is 6 stories.

114 Vic is the Huck Glove development, different than 100 Vic.
Huck is 120 Victoria is it not?
(12-16-2017, 03:08 PM)GtwoK Wrote: I remember distinctly a render form the developer / owner / whoever that added 3 floors of glass on top of the existing facade, as well as changing the wall fronting Goudies Lane to be all glass. I cant seem to find that anywhere though.

The Queen St improvement plan, had an "unofficial" version of the same at this link: http://www.kitchener.ca/en/Calendar/Coun...18a1ed1e83

But since the C of K has rebuilt their site, it's no longer accessible. Trying to figure out how to access it now...

(12-16-2017, 02:57 PM)Square Wrote: 100 Victoria St. S is listed twice? as 100 and 114 Victoria St.  Also 345 King St W is 6 stories.

114 Vic is the Huck Glove development, different than 100 Vic.

Here is a link from the Record about the American Hotel : https://www.therecord.com/news-story/759...itchener-/
Thanks. Have updated American Hotel and also added 334 King W and 624 King W (although info is limited on both of those).
This came together really nicely!! Well done. I'm going to sticky it as a great resource.

Does it make sense to link projects to their corresponding threads if they exist?
I find "Schneiders" mis-placed on that list. It is central city, but by no means "Downtown".
(12-16-2017, 07:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: This came together really nicely!! Well done.  I'm going to sticky it as a great resource.

Does it make sense to link projects to their corresponding threads if they exist?

Thanks.  And, yes, it does make sense.  I'll get that done, but not tonight. Smile

Any other opinions on include/exclude Schneiders? I don't have a strong view on this so I'm happy to go with the consensus.
I would absolutley include it. To me downtown isn't just "where the tall buildings currently are", it's the encapsultaing area that downtown is rapidly expanding into. If we're including King East down to Ottawa as "downtown", the Schneider's sit should absolutely be a part of that.
(12-17-2017, 02:25 AM)GtwoK Wrote: I would absolutley include it. To me downtown isn't just "where the tall buildings currently are", it's the encapsultaing area that downtown is rapidly expanding into. If we're including King East down to Ottawa as "downtown", the Schneider's sit should absolutely be a part of that.

Are we?  I thought that King E beyond Cedar (Cameron at a stretch) was considered "King East" rather than "Downtown".
It's not Downtown BIA ... but it's discussed in the WRC "Downtowns" forum. Smile Maybe that should be the defining criterion?
(12-16-2017, 07:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: This came together really nicely!! Well done.  I'm going to sticky it as a great resource.

Have started adding links (both to the pages and to the official sites, where they exist). Not done quite yet though ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
  Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | Proposed rangersfan 189 96,644 09-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Lens